COSTELLO RETURNS TO OZ
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO RETURNS TO OZ
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

Maria Costello MBE will get her 2015 racing season underway in Australia this coming weekend, having returned from testing her BMW in Spain.

The Northamptonshire racer returned from pre-season testing at the Cartagena circuit in confident mood, buoyed by the performance of her BMW S 1000 RR, which she will compete on in the main International road races this year.

Costello gained valuable track time at the Spanish circuit and says she cannot wait to get racing on the German Superbike.

She commented:

“The bike is a missile and handles great, even though I was still running the standard electronic suspension. It’s impressive all round. Testing this early in the year is invaluable; it’s not always possible, so thanks to Team Traction Control, Comp Log, Richard & all in Garage 6 for making it possible. Initially, as a road racer, I felt out of my comfort zone being on track with BSB racers, but it was quality track time and I know this will pay huge dividends this season.”

Costello next heads off down under to compete at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed for the second year running.

She will be racing a Suzuki XR69 provided by Mick Neason, along with the Rob Francis Honda VFR400 she rode at last year’s event. The festival takes place from 20th–22nd March, and the former Isle of Man TT female record holder will be joined on track at the Sydney Motorsport Park by the likes of former Grand Prix World Champion Freddie Spencer.

“I’m thrilled and honoured to be invited back to Australia again to compete in the Barry Sheene Festival.” she explained. “It’s the first leg of the Trans-Tasman Challenge and it will be good to catch up with the many friends I made racing in Australia and New Zealand last year.”

She will head home at the end of the month to hot foot it to the Northwest 200 media launch and conduct further testing of the BMW and her Kawasaki ER6F Supertwin on UK soil.

[Image: mariainspain.jpg]

For all of the latest news on Maria and her events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com

Costello tests her BMW on Spanish tarmac. Image by Bonnie Lane.

(This post was last modified: 16-03-2015, 12:36 PM by Malcolm.)
16-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Website Find Reply