True a sad loss
Anonymous
Unregistered

True a sad loss
It has been confirmed on BBC that Isle of Man Resident and top BSB rider Steve Hislop was Killed in a hellicopter crash tonight at his home town in Scotland, Are thoughts go out to his family and friends
30-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A sad loss indeed
Such a lovely man who I have known for over fifteen years; I am devastated to hear the news tonight that Steve has died in a helicopter crash....(satellite TV report by Keith Heuwen)

What can one say, ---I personally feel completely numb and cannot grasp that another famous rider and friend is no more..

He signed his book with a personal message for me at the TT this year and this I will treasure..

So very sad...........

30-07-2003, 10:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: True a sad loss
I just cannot believe it, what a year this has been, thoughts are with his family. sorry i am speechless....
30-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

what can we say? RIP Steve Hislop! Great Man
Anonymous
Unregistered

what a dreadfull year.My regards go out to Steves family and friends.RIP with the rest
Anonymous
Unregistered

I cannot explain the grief we are feeling here. Steven was my daughter's hero when she was little, and my granddaughter and grandson idolise him.
I have worried about him every Sunday, and all through his TTs. Never thought about something like this.
My heart breaks for his Mum, who once had 3 lovely men, Sandy, Garry and Steven and has lost all 3 before their time. Thank goodness she and Kelly have the boys to love.
My deepest condolences to everyone in Steven's wide circle of family and friends.

30-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Words fail me, my alltime racing hero, my thoughts go out to his family. rip Steve.

John

30-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, Helen, like Ian I am completely numb. He was always one of Justine and my favourite TT riders. We still have his much treasured poster displayed at home. I am simply stunned to think of all the wonderful riders who have lost their lives, not doing what they loved to do best, but doing ordinary, every day things. Condolences to his family and friends.
30-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

O no, I was just praying it wasn't true then saw it on teletext, don't really know what to say,speechless for once.So so sad.
30-07-2003, 11:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only spoke to Steve a couple of weeks ago as he was leaving the Island for a Radio Interview in the UK.

He was buying the MCN to see what had been written about him this time and said he was not bothered if he raced again or not....let's face it, what did the guy have to prove?

He was the reigning British Superbike Champion and that is the way he died...A TRUE CHAMP #1

Deepest Sympathies to Steves Family and Friends.

RIP Buddy.

30-07-2003, 11:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of the Great Characters was Steve Hislop, I only finished reading his book last week , and words fail me , it is hard to take in , that after all the bad luck he has had , his life was taken , in his new found hobby, Forget the sackings , forget the critics, Steve Hislop was one of The TRUE GREATS OF MOTOR CYCLING IN Britain, Roads or Circuits , he proved his worth on both, Faster than Rossi last year at Donington on a less powerful bike etc , say no more!, Steve Hislop#1 , Thanks for the memories, and for the personal message on your book
My Deepest Sympathies go out to his Loving Mother who has lost her Husband , and 2 sons, and to his Girlfriend and Two Children whom he doted on,
Steve Hislop R.I.P.
31-07-2003, 01:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Steve.God speed
31-07-2003, 06:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Walked the dog yesterday,picked first mushrooms and blackberries of the season ,thought i am lucky to live in a beautiful part of uk,and still got BSB at oulton,manx,scarborough,to look forward to .Today dont no what i think ,lost a friend and hero.God bless Stevie,in your career you were up there with the best.Me and PIKEY will fly the flag at oulton a little bit higher next week,god bless and thanks.BARNESIE.
31-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

31-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Joey Dunlop Injured Riders Fund would like to add their condolences to Steve's family. We will miss you Steve.
31-07-2003, 09:05 PM