McWilliams still as motivated as ever
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McWilliams still as motivated as ever
[Image: jeremymcwilliamsthumbsup.jpg]

Former MotoGP star Jeremy McWilliams says he remains as motivated as ever as he looks ahead to the Supertwin races at the Vauxhall International North West 200 in May.

McWilliams is gearing up for an incredible 28th season in the saddle but the Glengormley veteran, who will celebrate his 51st birthday on April 4, has lost none of his hunger for victory.

A winner in the class in 2013, McWilliams will again team up with Ryan Farquhar to ride a KMR/SGS International Kawasaki ER6 at the seaside venue.

“Nowadays I am racing for the craic of it all really and the biggest attraction is to be riding at home in the special North West atmosphere,” he said.

“The motivation to do well never leaves you. There is no high that comes close to winning. I get told all the time that now that I have done that it’s time to hang the boots up, but I still think I wouldn’t mind doing it again.”

McWilliams has raced in almost every category of tarmac bike sport, including riding for both the Aprilia and Proton 500cc factory squads. He won the 250cc race at the Dutch Grand Prix in 2001.

KMR Kawasaki team boss Ryan Farquhar is also aiming to be in the mix at the North West, where the Dungannon man returns to action in the Superbike and Superstock classes as well as the Supertwins events.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
16-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply