Chris Walker to make TT circuit debut – on Kawasaki H2R!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Chris Walker to make TT circuit debut – on Kawasaki H2R!
[Image: kawasakih2r.jpg]

The Kawasaki H2R will take to the Isle of Man TT course later this year for the very first time, with Kawasaki legend Chris Walker scheduled to ride a parade lap on the supercharged machine during the 2015 TT.

The lap, which will feature past racers who famously wore RST leathers, this year’s Superbike TT title sponsor. Led by RST founder Johnny Towers, a former TT racer himself, the lap will also include Steve Plater, Ian Simpson and Jamie Whitham among others.

“It’s a big thing for RST, and a big thing for me to be asked to join in their legends parade lap. I’m a huge fan of the TT, and I have a huge amount of respect for the guys who race that discipline; I try to get over to spectate every couple of years or so, and was over last year for the Senior. That makes being asked to take part in the lap even more special.

“As for the bike; it’s going to be just what I need for my first lap of the TT on closed roads – what could possibly go wrong with 329 brake horsepower?! It’ll be very nice to unleash the 130db of noise though, even though it might fade into nothing compared to bikes like the Honda Six that have raced there in the past!

“I haven’t thought about speeds, because I’m planning on taking it really easy , but with all that power I probably won’t be taking my hands off the bars too much!”

[Image: mcnlogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2015, 02:17 PM by Malcolm.)
19-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Chris Walker to make TT circuit debut – on Kawasaki H2R!
Thats something a bit Different to look forward to!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Find Reply
gixxertim Offline

Threads: 3
Guess I get to see my choice from the who would you like to have seen at the TT thread 👍
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2015, 10:37 PM by Malcolm.)
19-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Find Reply
Virgil Offline

Threads: 3
That should be great viewing. better than the Subaru lap me thinks !

Virgil
20-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Find Reply
V Twin Mechanic Offline

Threads: 4
(20-03-2015, 01:37 AM)Virgil Wrote: That should be great viewing.  better than the Subaru lap me thinks !

Virgil

IS THERE A SUBARU LAP (S) THIS YEAR ?
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2015, 10:37 AM by Malcolm.)
20-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(20-03-2015, 10:15 AM)V Twin Mechanic Wrote:
(20-03-2015, 01:37 AM)Virgil Wrote: That should be great viewing.  better than the Subaru lap me thinks !

Virgil

IS THERE A SUBARU LAP (S) THIS YEAR ?

They are listed as ' Official Partners' so I assume so?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
20-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Find Reply