2015 season arrives for Tech3 duo as the floodlights turn on at Qatar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2015 season arrives for Tech3 duo as the floodlights turn on at Qatar
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

The long wait is finally over as the Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team looks positively towards the opening race of the 2015 MotoGP World Championship this weekend in Qatar. The 18 round season battle commences at the unique Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar and after a confidence boosting pre season, both Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith are delighted to be heading back to the track.

Pol Espargaro intends to show his speed and continue challenging to be the top satellite MotoGP rider after clinching that title in his debut last season. The 2013 Moto2 World Champion now sets his sights on a positive opening performance in Qatar where he will seek to plug the gap to the leading bikes in the fiercely contested premier class of motorcycle racing. Meanwhile, Bradley Smith produced glimpses of his high potential for the forthcoming year with a number of convincing performances in testing. The British rider who claimed a maiden rostrum in Australia in 2014, aims to kick start his 2015 campaign with a strong performance at the 22 lap battle around the 5400 metre Losail International circuit.

Bradley Smith

"Obviously, I am thrilled that we are racing again this weekend and it’s so good to get back on track! My off season was very productive and I did a lot of training to ensure that I am as prepared as possible for this year. I am also pleased with what we accomplished in the testing and I am excited about the potential of the Yamaha, plus the team and I did a lot of work, which I must thank them for. Realistically, there will be a few more tweaks that we need to do when we arrive, but we must hit the ground running and make the most of the available practice time in order to prepare for Sunday. I am confident of a good result here and will certainly be looking to battle as close as possible to the factory bikes. I’m already gritting my teeth with anticipation for Sunday’s race and I can’t wait to get going."

Pol Espargaro

"It’s finally time to get the wheels in motion for 2015 and I am very excited to contest in the first race. We have had a positive pre season and the bike is at a level that I am happy with, but of course it will be a challenging race and this year, I am under no illusions that it will be easy to finish close to the front. There will be a lot more riders who can fight for podiums and top positions when compared to the previous years. Having said that, I will do nothing but my best. The team did a great job over the winter so now it’s up to me and I am ready. Qatar is always special as it’s the only night race, which is really interesting and different for the MotoGP riders. I look forward to getting back on the Yamaha YZR-M1 and then giving my all to seize a good result which will set me up confidently for the next GP’s."

Hervé Poncharal - Team manager :

"The MotoGP show is back on the road this weekend at the exciting season opener in Qatar after the long break from Valencia. It’s great to be back racing and the team as well as the riders have all had a good time over the winter getting prepared. Of course, this season will be more of a challenge with the field now being very competitive but Pol and Bradley are fired up and will no doubt, give their absolute best at Qatar as well as the other races. Pol impressed us last campaign with his ‘never give up’ attitude plus his tireless efforts and the icing on the cake was finishing as the top satellite rider. We expect him to start his year strongly here and continue his work from last season. In addition, Bradley got some great results in 2014, especially that debut podium in Australia and he’s had a good pre season plus seems confident in the capability of not only the bike, but himself too. He also started the race in Qatar on the front row last year so therefore, we hope he can fight as close as possible to the factory bikes along with his teammate. There are 18 races which will all be very tightly contested, but we as a team are all ready and excited for this year. Now it’s time for the lights to go out and start racing again and the fans will surely be in for a treat."

24-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Website Find Reply