JG Speedfit Kawasaki Complete Pre-Season Testing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki Complete Pre-Season Testing
[Image: jgspeedfitdonnytest.jpg]

The JG Speedfit Kawasaki duo of James Ellison and James Westmoreland successfully completed their pre-season testing programme today at Donington Park. The team will return to the circuit next weekend for the start of the MCE British Superbike Championship.

Following seven days of testing in Spain, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team made their UK debut today at Donington Park in front of a large crowd of fans. Despite a damp start seeing both James Ellison and James ‘Westy’ Westmoreland sit out the opening morning session, conditions improved allowing both riders to take full advantage of the final afternoon session.

The test marked the first time both riders were out in their full 2015 livery, which was well received by fans and sponsors. Making the most of the final test ahead of the season opener, both riders focused on further refining their race pace, with Ellison lapping consistently for an impressive 30 laps on the same Pirelli tyre. Westy continued to get to grips with the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, ready to challenge from the off next weekend.

Happy to be back testing in the UK, James Ellison said,

“I’m feeling really positive after today, even though the weather played against us a bit with the cold and strong winds, we were still able to get through everything we wanted. We actually managed to use the same tyre for well over race duration as well, putting in some good times so I’m really confident we’ll be up there next weekend. 

We tried to put in a final lap time right at the end of the session, and I was actually well under my previous best at the half way mark on my flyer but with it was really busy and unfortunately I just got baulked at the Melbourne loop."

Looking forward to racing the ZX-10R for the first time, James Westmoreland enthused,

“It’s been another great test and I’m feeling very confident on the bike now. We sat out the first two sessions today as with the weather the way it was we wouldn’t have learnt anything and I didn’t want to risk it ahead of next weekend. 

We’ve found some small areas to work on ahead of coming back here, so I’m confident we’ll be up there from the start. It was also great to be out in the new livery today, I genuinely think we have one of the best looking bikes on the grid!”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen commented,

“It was great to be back in the paddock and at a relevant track, where we could finish up our testing programme in typical British weather! Both guys appear very confident and we know we have the pace so I’m incredibly confident that when the action starts properly next weekend, we’ll be ready to fight for our first win. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank the whole of the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team for their work this winter. They’ve built two highly competitive motorcycles for the guys and they’ve worked tirelessly to do so. I would also like to say a huge thanks to all our sponsors who came to Donington today, despite the weather and it being testing, it was great to see them here and be so involved.”

Written By: Harley Stephens

Photo By: Bonnie Lane

[Image: jgspeedfitlogo2.jpg]
27-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply