Guy Martin to race SSP at Donington next weekend
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Guy Martin to race SSP at Donington next weekend
Guy Martin is going to stand in for Graeme Gowland riding for Smith's Triumph in the first round of the supersport championship next weekend.

http://www.britishsuperbike.com/news/guy...-park.aspx

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
28-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Guy Martin to race SSP at Donington next weekend
[Image: gmartindommytest.jpg]

Guy Martin lines up for Smiths Racing in Motorpoint British Supersport at Donington Park

Isle of Man TT contender Guy Martin will race in the opening round of the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship next weekend (4/5/6 April) at Donington Park on the Smiths Triumph, as he prepares for his 2015 road racing campaign.

The TV presenter and racer, who lines up with the team at this year's TT, will deputise for the injured Graeme Gowland, after the pre-season title favourite broke his femur in a testing crash in Spain.

Speaking to MCN Martin commented:

"I needed some track time and then their rider that was on it crashed and broke his leg, and Rebecca phoned me up and asked if I wanted to ride it. I reckon there's probably no easier way of getting a feel for a machine than jumping into a British championship six hundred race!"

For more from Martin about his first time on the bike after this week's Donington test, see next Wednesday's (April 1) MCN.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
28-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Website Find Reply
Owl Man Offline

Threads: 1
Must have made it up with Stuart Higgs!!! [Image: nono2.gif]
28-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
oh he made up years ago when he was riding for Hydrex , think thats water under the bridge now ,

02-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Find Reply