BENNETTS SUZUKI READY FOR DONINGTON BSB OPENER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BENNETTS SUZUKI READY FOR DONINGTON BSB OPENER
[Image: halsallbennetspromo1.jpg]

The new Bennetts Suzuki team will make its MCE British Superbike debut this weekend when Josh Waters and Christian Iddon line up on their GSX-R1000s for the first time at the opening round at Donington Park.

The team has completed a rigorous pre-season testing programme, culminating in a one-day test at Donington Park last month. After working on a variety of different set-up changes and gathering lots of useful data, the team and riders are ready to hit the ground running in the opening free practice session tomorrow, Saturday.

Waters said,

"I'm looking forward to getting going. Testing is good after a long break and it's good to get back on the bike, but I'm excited for the races now. We have a few issues to work on in practice, but we know what they are and what direction we need to go in, so we'll get straight on to it. I like Donington a lot. It's a famous circuit and it was good for me last year when I started on pole for race two. I'm looking forward to the weekend and we'll try our best." 

Iddon said,

"I can't wait for the weekend, it's been too long without some racing. Donington is one of the tracks I enjoy the most, I'm almost disappointed it's the first round as I want to save the best ones until last! Testing on the whole was very good. The test at Guadix was honestly the best time I've ever had on a road race bike. The Donington test gave us some stuff to think about and we found a couple of areas we need to work on, but the guys have gone away and looked at what needs doing. We have another set-up ready to go in practice, so we'll analyse it, find the direction to go in, and go from there. I'm looking forward to getting started now." 

Team Manager Jack Valentine added,

"Everyone in the team is looking forward to the weekend and getting the season underway now. We've had a good pre-season as a new team, everyone has gelled really well and worked really well together. The tests have gone well but now it starts for real. I'm looking forward to getting started, getting the bikes on track, and working with Bennetts as our new title sponsor." 

The opening round of the 2015 British Superbike Championship takes place at Donington Park on April 4-6th, with the first free practice session getting underway at 10.15am on Saturday.

03-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply