Michael Rutter Set To Return To BSB With Gearlink Kawasaki At Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Rutter Set To Return To BSB With Gearlink Kawasaki At Brands Hatch
[Image: rutterhead.jpg]

The Bathams backed racer will take over the Gearlink ZX 10 Kawasaki after Joe Burns departure from the team at Donington.

The 42 year old will now be back in action at Brand Hatch this weekend after seeming set to sit out the season when he struggled to find a ride for 2015.

“The team have said that they wanted someone with a bit of experience to help find some direction with the bike and I was available.” Rutter explained.

So far the veteran star, who has finished runner up twice in the British Superbike championship since he first rode in the series in 1992, won’t see the bike until practice begins at Brands on Friday morning.

“The team had said we could go testing but I thought it would be more useful to race.” Rutter said.

“ I haven’t ridden a superbike on a short circuit since before Assen last season but I will be working with good people and hopefully I can help sort a few things and pull it together to qualify.”

The Bridgnorth man split with the Bathams IWR BMW team mid season last year and he is realistic about the challenges that lie ahead.

“I am not stupid, I know how difficult it will be and I have to be realistic but I am not doing this to mess about.” he said emphatically.

“I am glad to back in the BSB fray and we will start by aiming to get the bike into the top 20.”

Rutter will race the Gearlink ZX10 alongside the Penz13.com S1000RR BMW that he will campaign at the North West 200 and TT in 2015.

The 13 times NW200 winner has also secured a SMT/Carbridge Motors backed ZXR600 Kawasaki for the Supersport races at both events.

15-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Michael Rutter Set To Return To BSB With Gearlink Kawasaki At Brands Hatch
[Image: gearlinklogo.jpg]

Team Manager Michael de Bidaph -

"After the totally unexpected decision by Joe Burns to leave the team, at Donington Park, we are thrilled to announce that we will have Michael Rutter on board the Gearlink Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike at the next round of the MCE British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch.

Michael and the team know that it will be extremely tough as Michael has not yet tested the Superbike. There will be total commitment from Michael Rutter, myself and the whole team and very much look forward to working with Michael and hope that our association will continue throughout the 2015 season."

[Image: mrutterwithmdebidaph.jpg]
16-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Website Find Reply