PRESS RELEASE - PRIORITY BOOKING SCHEME INTRODUCED FOR TT MARSHALS
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PRESS RELEASE - PRIORITY BOOKING SCHEME INTRODUCED FOR TT MARSHALS
[Image: steampackethdr.gif]

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company has agreed a priority booking scheme for TT marshals.

The Company has teamed up with the TT Marshals Association to give priority for TT2016 to those marshals who attended five or more practice or race sessions during TT2014.

This scheme is in addition to a discount scheme, introduced in 2008, whereby marshals who attend both the TT and Festival of Motorcycling in one year have their ferry travel for the following year discounted by the Steam Packet Company.

Terry Holmes, Chairman of the TT Marshals Association, said:

‘The aim of introducing priority booking is to benefit those marshals who give up their time each year to help make the TT happen. It is hoped that the scheme will entice more marshals to attend, and it will also help the TTMA when we are out and about recruiting new marshals.

‘Alongside the discount scheme, this is further evidence of the support shown over the years by the Steam Packet Company, which has played a major role in helping us attract marshals to cover both festivals. For each race or practice session we need more than 500 marshals to cover the TT Course. Without them, the events could not take place.’

Brian Convery, the Steam Packet Company’s Sales Development Manager, explained:

‘We introduced the discount scheme in 2008 to support the TTMA and encourage more marshals to volunteer. We are delighted to have agreed this priority booking system for marshals, which should make it easier for them to book, in addition to reducing the number of callers to our Call Centre when advance bookings open for the following year’s TT.’

The TTMA works hard each year to ensure there is enough cover for all practice and race sessions.

Anyone interested in becoming a marshal should contact info@iomttma.com or call 01624 618191.

17-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Website Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: PRESS RELEASE - PRIORITY BOOKING SCHEME INTRODUCED FOR TT MARSHALS
Has anyone who submitted a priority booking form for marshals heard anything yet or know when we shall have confirmation of our requests. I rang today to be told that they would not go into the system until 1st. June which is when general booking takes place. Thought priority booking would be confirmed a week earlier. Another Steam Packet mess up.?
14-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Find Reply
hinde Offline
MARSHAL

Threads: 6
Hi, Nev.    your lucky to even get a form,
the criteria is you have had to attend five sessions, either practice or race.
I did one practice on the Friday night and all race days. my practice session was not recorded, thus no priority booking for me.
as only four done according to records. so a bit p***** off.
Hope we can meet up sometime ?
Stay between the dykes.
Pops,     (Braddan church) Angel
Stay between the dykes Angel
22-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
Hi Hinde,

Hopefully for this to be a sucess in future we all need to make sure our attendances are recorded and the sheets reurned to the sector marshall. I marshal at Sulby Bridge were fortunately the DSM is always there and I know he logs who is present at each session. We nearly always have the sSctor marshal with us as well.
If you are over for practice week at all I shall be attending Steady Eddys tea party at Pell on Thursday morning of practice week at about 10.30am. Come along and hear him waffle on.
22-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Sir Nevil , I thank you for your appraisal, I just hope that I can live up to your claims to my capabilities , I will endeavour not to let you down , see you 10.30 sharp Thursday the 4th of June at the not to be missed venue at Peel Brake water Cafe ,

Yours respectfully Steady the Edward

23-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Find Reply

To be more serious , how many times have I rambled on about keeping the attendance records up to date to weed out the no shows , then running this would have been easy all they would have to do is check the no show list with the name of the applicant to start with then it would just be a case of cross reference , but to make it more up to date they need to have the attendance sheets transferred on to the data base   , we all have a number and alongside our number should be our attendance info , admittedly it would be a time consuming job ( once set up properly and kept up to date not that bad ) but one that should in these days of litigation be done ( in the case of dealing with a serious fatal incident they need to know who was there for coroners statements and waiting till after poo hits the fan is too late )   , but none of which can even start to be done if the DSM's and CSM's don't take the first step as people turn up and the roads close filling out that sheet , there is a saying that I hate to use but I think it looks as if I could apply it to this situation ( I told you so ) , for I have a gut feeling that hindi will not turn out to be an isolated  case , I just hope and pray it is not too common or there could be a kick back of unhappy marshals undoing half of the good this move should have produced , and that would be a shame for the sake of listening to Steady the Edward when they had the chance lol

(This post was last modified: 24-05-2015, 08:46 AM by Steady the Edward.)
24-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
(23-05-2015, 11:24 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Sir Nevil , I thank you for your appraisal,  I just hope that I can live up to your claims to my capabilities , I will endeavour not to let you down  , see you 10.30 sharp Thursday the 4th of June at the not to be missed venue at Peel Brake water Cafe ,

Yours respectfully Steady the Edward

I'm sorry I won't be having my annual cup of tea with you Eddy, but I will be watching you on the webcam, to see if those Yorkshire fivers are still surfacing!
24-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Find Reply

Have run out of the white ones Dommy , the latter ones were looking a bit fraid around the edges a bit of moth damage I was told , there was no wonder I got the funny looks , I even had to use the " no comprenday the lingo routine " it usualy works when all else fails , mind shouldn't be telling you secrets like that you being a Southerner !! Lol
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2015, 01:32 PM by Steady the Edward.)
24-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Find Reply