Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017
NB12 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017
A superstock spec (FIM superstock as TT, Race Kit ECU) Aprillia RSV4 Factory with a on form Cam at the bars would (IMO) be able to lap at 130mph.

At Donnington (ironically) SBK where the BSB superstock 1000 had a round and the FIM European superstock 1000 also had a round, an Aprillia RSV4 won the European superstock race, lapping (to my surprise) faster than the BSB superstock (no kit ECUs) guys, Seeley etc on all the BMWs and ZX10Rs. Although that have never really been raced with much sucsess in the UK they are obviously a fairly handy tool. Think Dod Spence has also lapped at 118/119mph on an early (09?) stock one, and no disrespect to Dod but Cams a TT winner on a big bike.

It's a tin foil wrapped turkey, I'm pretty sure Cam was ready to quit the TT stuff,I can only assume Norton waved a big wedge of cash under his nose that would help secure his new family's future for him to change his mind. Of corse this is all speculation.
@neilbrownNB12
16-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017 - by NB12 - 16-06-2015, 09:23 PM