NO Subaru laps
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Thumbsup  NO Subaru laps
I hear a rummer that there are to be no Scooby laps this year ???  eeeh by gum who would a thawt such a thing ??? fancy that ! scraping them now I don't give a s--t ,

30-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
RE: NO Subaru laps
Good.

And something I'd like to know the answer to.
You are building a hot car with a fast engine, great handling etc etc etc
At what point did somebody decide to make it so PIG UGLY!!!

Very selfish of you to have a Subaru. You get to enjoy all the good bits and best of all whilst you are driving it you can't SEE IT. Spare a thought for the rest of us who have to look at the thing.
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
31-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Website Find Reply
muz66 Offline

Threads: 0
Well said!
Get on with it or shut up about it!
31-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Not sure if you mean the timed laps or the course car procession .. I was over last week and the Subaru's were all lined up in the pit lane.
31-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Find Reply
Dingocooke Offline

Threads: 1
(31-05-2015, 09:46 AM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Not sure if you mean the timed laps or the course car procession .. I was over last week and the Subaru's were all lined up in the pit lane.

You can still pay Regency £1600 for a TT package for this year which includes a lap in a course car, so Im guessing only the lame speed record attempts have gone??
31-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
you would struggle to get a fiver out of me for a ride in one of those things and anyway the TT is supposed to be a bike event not a cager event smilie

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
31-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Find Reply
Dingocooke Offline

Threads: 1
(31-05-2015, 07:08 PM)serowmaster Wrote: you would struggle to get a fiver out of me for a ride in one of those things and anyway the TT is supposed to be a bike event not a cager event smilie

Absolutely!! The record attempt car was interesting to me for one reason, watching at a couple of points, the course inspection car was quicker (on the stop watch), and I thought the comments made after his last run were disrespectful to the sidecar crews. Still glad they're gone!!
31-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
It is the timed lap that has gone they are still providing the rest , that will do me , have admit that our response car is a nice bit of kit apart from the electric opening tail gate , that is rubbish
31-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Find Reply
jimmy182 Offline

Threads: 0
I must be the only one on here that enjoyed it. Scared the life out of me heading towards the creg when I was behind the barrier last year. Thought he wasn't going to turn. Breaks up the day a bit imo.
01-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Find Reply
laverda77 Offline

Threads: 9
For me , when in the company of car nuts, ( my family members) they get excited looking at subarus, I just think they look like a rubbish 80s jap car, I'm sure there fast ,but you know your a biker when these things do absolutely nothing for you.I remember buying Citroen visa diesel, and my workmate said you could have bought a Opel manta for that money,that car too did nothing for me too however the Citroen got nearly 70mpg,cos when you've an Italian super bike on the road, it's going to take one special car to give such a thrill.so subarus going round for me ,let me go and get another okells.
01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Laverda77, you're talking my language.
I can get more excited over my 650 Transalp than ANY car. They just don't do it for me.
Done a few laps round the TT course on it, think I've been overtaken twice, and it's NEVER let me down.
I think that a car being expertly driven around the TT course would be an impressive sight, and probably better than twiddling your thumbs waiting for the next race, but I certainly would struggle to get excited about cars otherwise.
01-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
I'll happily admit to having owned an early unmodified standard Impreza Turbo - not blistering fast with 220bhp and 4wd, flimsily built, noisy and cheap inside, not very pretty, low teens mpg if you're using it properly but I didn't buy it for any of those considerations, I bought it for pure direct feedback and hands on control and I couldn't fault it particularly on damp roads. I havn't driven another car so easy to drive with confidence at high speed, the later models have bigger this n that, driver assistance, more power etc but they've lost their way when it comes to feedback given to the drivers hands feet backside etc. You'd be doing well to fault Mark Higgins commitment to the course in that car as well.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 06:29 PM by Alfie Noakes.)
01-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Find Reply