Raceday to Extended Practice Day
Pete_25064 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Raceday to Extended Practice Day
Hi Peoples,

Within the past few years I'm pretty sure we've had the first Saturday Race Day changed to a full Practice day and the 1st Superbike & 1'st Side-Car races moved to the Sunday ...

With the weather problems of Monday and the untimed practice Tuesday (not to mention the Side-Cars are yet to see the track) ... well I'm trying to work out if this is likely to occur again this year?

Can anyone remember how much practice was deemed "not enough" to force that change?

Thanks for your assistance

Pete
03-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
jdm Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Raceday to Extended Practice Day
I was thinking the same thing.  The forecast looks ok for the rest of the week.   I recall a couple of years ago that the Saturday races (or at least the Superbike race) was run on a Sunday because the Superbikes did not have enough practice time.  I suppose its down to the CoC and riders representations.

(03-06-2015, 12:03 AM)Pete_25064 Wrote: Hi Peoples,

Within the past few years I'm pretty sure we've had the first Saturday Race Day changed to a full Practice day and the 1st Superbike & 1'st Side-Car races moved to the Sunday ...

With the weather problems of Monday and the untimed practice Tuesday (not to mention the Side-Cars are yet to see the track) ... well I'm trying to work out if this is likely to occur again this year?

Can anyone remember how much practice was deemed "not enough" to force that change?

Pete
03-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
(03-06-2015, 12:03 AM)Pete_25064 Wrote: Hi Peoples,

Pete
2013?
As I recall the chairs went Saturday and there was extra Solo practise and then the Superbikes went on Sunday afternoon.

So all we have to do is find out what practises actually happened in 2013 and that should be a good guide.
I will go have a look if i get a chance in a minute
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
03-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Website Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

OK

So 2013 Practise Week

Sat Usual newcomers stuff. Milky got a puncture on the Mountain

Mon 18:50 away Red flag 19:50 Incident at ballachrye Sessin ended
Tue Cancelled Weather
Wed 19:15 away in bad weather. Untimed. most called it a day after 1 lap
Thurs Seems wwas OK some 129+ laps
Fri Red Flag after a house fire at Kirkmichael. (Chip Night eh?). Seems was some couple laps later.

Was decided to run solo practise Sat morning and Sidecar race 1 Saturday afternoon, with Superbike Sunday afternoon.

SO.......

I would say we have replicated 2 of those sessions (Tue and Wed). Still need a lot more cancellations to put back racing. I'd say if Wed thur fri are all good we prob go as planned.
03-06-2015, 08:19 AM
Website Find Reply
Pete_25064 Offline
Just Getting Started

Thanks guy's for all the help.

I believe the weather for the rest of this week (touch wood) is supposed to get better and better so I suppose little chance of them moving to Sunday Racing.
03-06-2015, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
jolly7 Offline
Banned

Sunday Race
Think racing this Sunday is a cert, weather looks set fair from Sunday well into next week, tonight looks ok but likely damp patches Friday evening, Saturday not bad with a few well scattered showers  which would allow another practice session.Judging by last night a Saturday race would be too soon to get set ups right.
04-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

RE: Sunday Race
(04-06-2015, 07:57 AM)jolly7 Wrote: Think racing this Sunday is a cert, weather looks set fair from Sunday well into next week, tonight looks ok but likely damp patches Friday evening, Saturday not bad with a few well scattered showers  which would allow another practice session.Judging by last night a Saturday race would be too soon to get set ups right.

As discussed here we prob need tonight to washout or they will go tomorrow as planned?
But it is touch and go.......

There is a cruise ship coming in for tomorrow's racing. Not sure if that has any bearing on decision?
I am sure you will have your own ideas.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2015, 10:43 AM by Malcolm.)
05-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
They wont race anymore in the wet regardless of how many cruise ships are on there way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
05-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Rather grey and mizzly this morning, forecast for t'row looks poor with up to 50mph wind gusts until late afternoon
05-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
The Anti-TT posts that appeared in this thread have been deleted as I have no wish to create a platform within my website for those who make money off the back of the TT and then create merry hell when a minor disruption to their usual day to day activities arises.

This is inflamatory and therefore contrary to the Terms & Conditions of registering to use TTwebsite.com

For anyone who wishes to start moaning about how the TT affects their daily life in a negative manner, then I would suggest that you go and find a website for yourself that will cater to your needs, but you will NOT be able to do that on here.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Website Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Thank you Malcolm, some people want it all ways.
06-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Find Reply