Michael Dunlop
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Michael Dunlop
He's shortsighted and frankly not carrying a great deal of class in this.   Dean Harrison is sticking with his team, which I give him credit for.  Practice isn't just time for the lads to renew their acquaintance with the track, it's also for the team to sort out the issues with the bike.  For all we know, they could have that sorted out by Saturday, or Sunday if the race gets pushed back as some people have mentioned.

I don't see Dean Harrison being the type to ride a bike if it's going to get him or others in trouble out there, and he's not making any waves about sitting.  This is just Michael being a bit of an ass.

This R1 is having trouble right now but it's a very fast bike and when they get it sorted there's a good chance he'll be wishing he'd kept his ride on it.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 07:16 PM by KypDurron.)
04-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Find Reply
harveymushman Offline

Threads: 1
Wow !!! I think the ice cream image will haunt this split. I Have always loved MD's aggression and determination but I get the feeling he needs a wise head next to him. He needs it fast before he burn so many bridges he will be the fastest guy in the paddock with the worst deal.
04-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Yamaha have failed miserably to provide a reliable and fast bike. They are 100 % to blame. Dunlop is a winner not an also ran and the majority of us want to see him doing what he's best at on a competitive machine.
Yamaha need to hang their heads in shame after all the hype about this new bike. 
Their sales will show how badly they've failed.
Anyway listening to tonight's practice Dunlop is proving a point, so lay off him.
04-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

(04-06-2015, 08:01 PM)eman1948 Wrote: Yamaha have failed miserably to provide a reliable and fast bike. They are 100 % to blame. Dunlop is a winner not an also ran and the majority of us want to see him doing what he's best at on a competitive machine.
Yamaha need to hang their heads in shame after all the hype about this new bike. 
Their sales will show how badly they've failed.
Anyway listening to tonight's practice Dunlop is proving a point, so lay off him.

Did you just reference Dean Harrison as an also ran?

I love the Isle of Man but I don't pretend that it has a profound impact on sales. Their R1 is doing very very well on the short circuit, mate.
04-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(04-06-2015, 07:52 PM)harveymushman Wrote: Wow !!! I think the ice cream image will haunt this split. I Have always loved MD's aggression and determination but I get the feeling he needs a wise head next to him. He needs it fast before he burn so many bridges he will be the fastest guy in the paddock with the worst deal.

good sumary
if the rumours are right big teams wont talk to garry johnson for similar reasons and proberbly guy martin aswell
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 09:29 PM by scaramanga.)
04-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

(04-06-2015, 09:28 PM)scaramanga Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 07:52 PM)harveymushman Wrote: Wow !!! I think the ice cream image will haunt this split. I Have always loved MD's aggression and determination but I get the feeling he needs a wise head next to him. He needs it fast before he burn so many bridges he will be the fastest guy in the paddock with the worst deal.

good sumary
if the rumours are right big teams wont talk to garry johnson for similar reasons and proberbly guy martin aswell

I haven't heard any rumours about Gary Johnson being black listed by any of the major teams. I know he wanted a bit more than Triumph was willing to pay but that seemed about it.

As for Guy, my impression is that people sign him because he brings sponsors and fans and he's good.
04-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
A lot of people throughout social media have been on about him for burning bridges and whatnot yet the team he dropped last year has come back to him at very short notice, he may be a handful but if you give him a competitive bike he'll put it on the podium and that's ultimately what team bosses and sponsors want.

His performance tonight on a superstock machine vindicates him given that he was over 5mph faster on average speed. It won't affect Yamaha they're doing well in BSB and currently dominating MotoGP with the M1.
04-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(04-06-2015, 09:41 PM)KypDurron Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 09:28 PM)scaramanga Wrote:

good sumary

I haven't heard any rumours about Gary Johnson being black listed by any of the major teams.  I know he wanted a bit more than Triumph was willing to pay but that seemed about it.    

As for Guy, my impression is that people sign him because he brings sponsors and fans and he's good.

You need to read the Smiths Triumph feature in last weeks MCN. Acording to them, it is a lot more than a 'bit more' than they were willing to pay. That together with his comments about mentally destroying GM, and you have a whole other ball game that some teams wont want to play.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
04-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Well, Gary and Guy haven't liked each other for awhile now, or I should say Gary doesn't like Guy. I'm not sure Guy's really bothered about it one way or another.
04-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Find Reply
SPJ Offline

Threads: 0
Surprised at the level of feeling against MD. He's a racer, wants to win and isn't being given that opportunity with Yamaha. Michael is coming into his prime, why waste opportunities because a manufacturer hasn't delivered? Why risk your neck with a bike you know isn't capable of winning when you are? I think some comments on here are simply because people don't like him rather than outrage at him leaving a team unable to give him success. I imagine BMW are very happy, much as I respect Guy/William you don't see them beating McGuinness, Hutchinson or Ansty. MD is their best shot.
05-06-2015, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
bambam Offline

Threads: 6
he went out on a stocker tonight and stuck in a 129....placed him 4th fastest in all classes,only 3 superbikes ahead off him,in 3 sectors he was faster than the superbikes,thats some going...i wish him all the best.he be hard beat this year...bring it on..
05-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Find Reply
Stonebreaker Offline
Just Getting Started

Good on him! He wants to win and no matter what happens you've got to respect that.

His lap tonight was stunning.
05-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Find Reply
Ricky Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
Milwaukee Yamaha have now failed at the TT with a good few of the current crop of the best TT s riders. Hutchy said on TV the other night, he was ready last year but the bikes weren't.

The team posting photos of themselves on social eating ice cream and laughing bout the situation seems like a desperate attempt at trying to save face. Maybe if they had taken the job a bit more serious in the first place their bikes would be capable of tackling the TT course.
05-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

(05-06-2015, 08:37 AM)Ricky Wrote: Milwaukee Yamaha have now failed  at the TT with a good few of the current crop of the  best TT s riders. Hutchy said on TV the other night, he was ready last year but the bikes weren't.

The team posting photos of themselves on social eating ice cream and laughing bout the situation seems like a desperate attempt at trying to save face. Maybe if they had taken the job a bit more serious in the first place their bikes would be capable of tackling the TT course.

Are you taking the 'pee', mate? Do you think they put the work in they did just to do a half arsed job of it for a paycheck? That's ridiculous. If the machine has fundamental flaws that either didn't show up until the TT or just before, making as if they've been sitting on their thumbs all this time is ridiculous.

As for last year, that was last year's bike. Are you really so dense as to blame the problems with this year's bike on things they did or didn't do with last year's bike?

Lots of people failed last year. I don't recall the Suzukis going any quicker. In fact, unless I've been living in an alternate universe, pretty much everyone was slow compared to the BMW last year, so by whatever standard you measure things, almost everyone failed.

If they got on the island this week and the bike started showing problems it hadn't previously, they had one day to find the problem and one day to try and sort it before he quit. That's not exactly a wealth of time.
05-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Find Reply
Ricky Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
Sorry, I don't have time to answer all your questions.

Fundamental problems with a new bike can't be blamed on the team, no, but ultimately they failed to provide a competitive bike their fault or not. If they had put that much effort in pre TT you would have thought they would be disappointed that their hard work hasn't worked, not basically saying they couldn't care less.
05-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Regardless of what went on, it is not very profesional to be posting pictures on Twitter with those comments.
I have not seen anywhere MD slaging of the team or the bike, the team and its members should follow suit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
05-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Find Reply
mdvineng Offline

there's also a Honda dealer in Manchester that MD has ridden for a few years ago, whom has prepped the two race bikes yesterday just in case!
05-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(05-06-2015, 09:44 AM)mdvineng Wrote: there's also a Honda dealer in Manchester that MD has ridden for a few years ago, whom has prepped the two race bikes yesterday just in case!

Thats Hunts.

05-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

Threads: 1
I reckon it was just a tall order to get a brand new bike up to TT winning standard in its first season. The now supposed almighty BMW didn't do much until last year save for a few results with Keith Amor. Also it sounds to me like MD always had this contingency plan in mind just in case practice wasn't going well. He doesn't seem like the type to write off the prospect of winning any big bike TTs for a year ....

Anyway he looked committed last night - if he gets 3 laps in tonight there will be fireworks tomorrow. Just hope Bruce is at the pointy end on L1. That will keep manners on everyone else.
05-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Find Reply
drev Offline
Just Getting Started

(04-06-2015, 11:49 AM)modulaire Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 11:40 AM)coll83 Wrote: I have read both reports previously and bottom line for me is the oil problem. As already said, seriously dangerous!

Nowhere does Michael mention an oil problem or safety reasons for the split. In his own words the R1 is not competitive and fast enough to win. And I agree with him.

But that is a ******* reason to leave a team during the TT. He should help the team and develop the bike for next year IMO.

Not if he was promised it would be competitive.
05-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Find Reply