Norrie Whyte
Anonymous
Unregistered

Norrie Whyte
Please can anyone give me a update on the progress of 'dear old Norrie' - is he still in Hospital?
Thanks Sue
26-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Norrie Whyte
I'd love to hear too. If no word, I'll find out when I go over on Thursday.
26-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Norrie Whyte is OK
Press Office tell me Norrie is FINE and only went in for one night..

Apparantly it was HIS decision and now he is doing his usual good work in all of his offices on the Island.

Having also known Norrie for many years we were very concerned ...

He must be doing an article on the new Hospital and its facilities..

If the Witch sees him please tell him there were a lot of people deeply concerned.

Norrie is one of the OLDE School and tells it all as it is....Long may his LUM reek !!
26-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Met Norrie in the Press Office on Monday - not looking his usual self but was happy enough being back in the thick of things. Was looking for a bottle of lemonade, he was geting fed up drinking water all day (without any added ingredients!). I expect to se him in there again tomorrow, I have passed on all your regards to him. I wil take him in a botle of pop tomorrow.
26-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

GREAT news...just like Norrie always wrote. It must have been a quiet news day, so he made his own story.
I remember a tale told by an old friend of Norrie's, Fred Stephen, the editor of the late lamented Scottish Clubman magazine.
Fred was the "stringer" for all the papers in the North east of Scotland, so, on his trusty Norton, he sped around the countryside, following leads.
Hearing a fire engine one day, Fred set off in hot pursuit, but at the foot of the Carbisdale Brae, he hit a patch of diesel on the road, and fell off.
The fire engine sped off, and Fred missed the drama. However, never being one to waste an experience, he sent in a story of a motorcyclist falling off his bike on the outskirts of Stonehaven, without serious injury...got to make your money somehow when you are a jounalist in a quiet wee place like Stonehaven!
26-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

nice one helen xxx
ade!
26-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

GET WEEL NORRIE! Not many journos like you left; SUN style reportage seems to rule the bulk of our so-called motorcycle weekly paper these days, I canna be bothered buying it , it annoys me!

Good luck to all in MGP 2003.
27-08-2003, 12:56 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your news on Norrie tell him I will see him at Olivers Mount.
Sue
27-08-2003, 09:01 AM