Do you think we'll ever see Ducati back at the TT?
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Do you think we'll ever see Ducati back at the TT?
(06-06-2015, 12:05 AM)Max Power Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 10:04 AM)desmophile Wrote: What amazes me is that they have signally failed to produce a 650 twin, that's a class they would be nailed on to win.

Just another open goal they've failed to see, why did they never build a Tony Rutter replica?

We tend to forget that the 650 twin class is something which has been made up out of the blue. Manufacturers wouldn't plan production based on something which is going to fade away in a couple of years. Both of the main protagonists are based on pretty ordinary bikes which happen to have a 650 twin motor.

I'm sure that Ducati could very quickly turn out a 650 twin from the parts bin at the factory. I'm sure it would potentially be a contender against what are basically commuter bikes.

The minitwins class seems to be doing ok at club level, I'm sponsoring a local lad myself.

There was a contributor on this very forum a few years ago who had a 650 Duke which was a sleeved down 748, he raced it in the Manx.
It was built by Shaun Kinnersley who used to be with Steve Wynne at Sports Motorcycles, I think he's at Norton now.
06-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think we'll ever see Ducati back at the TT? - by desmophile - 06-06-2015, 11:19 AM