Regency Travel
harveymushman Offline

Threads: 1
Regency Travel
Can anyone tell me who Regency Travel are. Been going to the TT for years and noone can fail to notice the power and influence of RT. Are they government owned ? When I was booking my 2016 Steam Packet tickets the girl at the Call Centre had to check if there was a Regency Travel block booking before she could realease just 1 ticket to me. I went to a GP and saw a Snoozebox stand and spoke to the guy there  and asked him if Snoozeboxes for the IOM could be booked direct and the guy said yes we could initially but not now as RT controlled everything. Spoke to a Campsite near Kirk Michael yesterday could we book direct no sorry we are now locked into RT.

Is IOM  TT Breaks Regency Travel in disguise ? Cant wait for them to control the whole of Homestay !!!

All I know is RT feels a bit like a Monopoly -  Is it just me ? 
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2015, 03:28 PM by Malcolm.)
08-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

RE: Regency Travel
I could get car booking for a particular sailing but not a van. SPC lady said try RT. Discuss.
08-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Find Reply
harveymushman Offline

Just see I was wrong when I was worried about them getting control of Homestay - They have been given it

Who gives out these contracts and as a Public Body doesn't it ever go to tender ? I can imagine a time when you can't book a hotel, campsite or B+B without dialling Regency  Travel.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2015, 11:37 PM by Malcolm.)
14-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
thats the isle of man for you
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
14-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Well,

I have had to either edit or remove a couple of posts from the thread for  the following reasons:

Inaccurate information being relayed into the public domain and reference to individuals in an ongoing legal matter where the person concerned has NO relationship to Regency Travel.

I remind everyone that when you make statements in the pubic domain, they must be truthful and accurate, and not just hearsay.

In the Terms & Conditions of the Forum it is stated quite clearly that posts must NOT be:-

•1. Defamatory -Adversely affecting the reputation of a clearly identifiable person, company or organisation.

And of course you must make yourself aware of the Telecommunications Act when making posts, as per:-

Telecommunications Act 1984 (c. 12)

Part II Provision of Telecommunication Services

(1) A person who—

(a) ~ sends, by means of a public telecommunication system, a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character;

or

(b) ~ sends by those means, for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another, a message that he knows to be false or persistently makes use for that purpose of a public telecommunication system,

shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.

Read the Legislation HERE

Unfortunately, this is not the first time that I have had to do this recently. Therefore, before you hit that "Post" button, stop and think of the implications of the content of any post that you make, because you are responsible in the eyes of the law for what you write. 

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2015, 08:32 PM by Malcolm.)
16-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Website Find Reply