Lintin excels in Superstock race to claim brilliant 14th place
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lintin excels in Superstock race to claim brilliant 14th place
[Image: rcexpresshdr.jpg]

Ivan Lintin and the RC Express Racing team enjoyed an excellent day of racing at the Isle of Man TT races on Tuesday when the 30-year old claimed a brilliant 14th in the 4-lap Superstock race.

Riding the Kawasaki ZX-10R Kawasaki, the Bardney-based rider got the race underway in stunning fashion when he posted an opening lap of 127.316mph, his best ever lap of the 37.73-mile course, to slot into 14th place. With his second lap being only slightly slower at 126.704mph, he was able to maintain his position as he came into the pits for his solitary stop.

As well as refuelling, the team opted to change the rear wheel as well and although he remained in 14th for the rest of the race, the riders that finished ahead of him were all TT winners and podium finishers as well as being with teams with a lot bigger budget. The race was also the fastest ever in the history of the Superstock class so there’s no doubt it was one of Lintin’s finest rides around the Mountain Course.

Ivan Lintin:

“I really enjoyed the race today and to record a personal best lap in excess of 127mph was really pleasing. I had to be a bit creative with the fuel conservation as it was spluttering into the pit stop and I decided to take it a bit steady on the final lap to make sure there weren’t any issues. The new rear tyre made the bike feel better too especially when the fuel load went down although I also had to recalibrate the brain as I’d got used to the bike spinning up. To add almost 2mph onto my best ever lap speed and to finish 14th in such a highly competitive field is another good TT result so thanks to the whole team for giving me a great package.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-Owner:

“We were one of the few teams to make a tyre change and although Ivan was having to be careful with the fuel, despite it being brimmed to the roof both times, it paid dividends and we’ve finished with another mega result. He’s set a personal best lap by some distance and both he and the team are continually moving forward. We’ve never stood still and it’s all about progress, progress, progress. We can’t complain one bit and Ivan’s on it so we’re really looking forward to the next three races.”

Ivan’s next outing comes on Wednesday with the second 4-lap Supersport race.

[Image: Ivan-in-Superstock-race.jpg]
Ivan during the Tuesday Superstock Race
09-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Website Find Reply