Peter Hickman
Peter Hickman 132 mph lap on his last lap in only his second year, what a man
12-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
RE: Peter Hickman
Impressive stuff all round, well done Peter.

12-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Not quite - 131.626 but mighty impressive all the same......especially on a stocker!

I make him 8th fastest ever now.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
12-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
He's one to watch for the future, that's for sure. He goes about his business in a thorough manner, putting in the effort, and walks before he can run. Impressive.
12-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Find Reply
muz66 Offline

Threads: 0
Hear, hear!
Get on with it or shut up about it!
12-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
Is that the same time as Michaels superstock lap record?
14-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Sorry, but for me that is to fast, to quickly.
The Mountain Course is something you should build up to over the years, not trying to take the 'skin off it' in such a short period of time. Peter may or may not have a natural talent for racing on the road circuits, but there are many before him that have tried to do the same thing only to get serious injurys or worse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
14-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Find Reply
Ricky Offline
Banned

Threads: 2
Many have suffered serious injuries and worse without 'tryin to take the skin off it'

Not tryin to start a row here, but Hickman doesn't need anyone but himself to choose what is an acceptable pace to be ridin at.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2015, 05:53 PM by Malcolm.)
14-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
sort of thinking the same thing as c iom tt
i was thinking during the races if he was maybe pushing too hard  but if the times are flowing nicely as they seam to be maybe he really is just a natural around the tt but also remember hes done hundreds of laps even before he started out on the newcomers sighting  controlled lap
it must have cost a fortune for him to travel over to the island alone never mind the fuel doing all thoose laps
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2015, 02:09 PM by scaramanga.)
14-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 12
Peter looks good where i've seen him, Steve Plater made me think very differently more than once
14-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(14-06-2015, 01:49 PM)Ricky Wrote:
(14-06-2015, 01:40 PM)c iom tt Wrote: Sorry, but for me that is to fast, to quickly.
The Mountain Course is something you should build up to over the years, not trying to take the 'skin off it' in such a short period of time. Peter may or may not have a natural talent for racing on the road circuits, but there are many before him that have tried to do the same thing only to get serious injurys or worse.

Many have suffered serious injuries and worse without 'tryin to take the skin off it'

Not tryin to start a row here, but Hickman doesn't need anyone but himself to choose what is an acceptable pace to be ridin at.
 I am sorry, but some riders are riding at the TT and the NW200 for the wrong reason.
Some for the money/ to raise there profile because they have no ride/ low profile ride elsewhere.
I am not saying Peter is or is not one of those riders, but some are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
14-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

(14-06-2015, 02:44 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Peter looks good where i've seen him, Steve Plater made me think very differently more than once

Bang on about Steve Plater. I think if he would have carried on riding at the TT, he would not be still with us now, and I think deep down Steve Plater knows that!

14-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 12
No comments or opinions detract from the endeavour and commitment to the task involved, that shouldn't ever be thought less of. Phil McCallen looked like a very keen newcomer the whole time he was out there :o)
14-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Find Reply
Chunk83 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Just joined this site, top job to Malcolm!

......to then come across some of the comments in this thread anger me some what!
I know Pete and he is very laid back!
His approach to the tt is mega and he has been rewarded for his hard work.
Those who think he is rushing it clearly can't appreciate that new contenders come and can click straight away,
As for those who think he is doing it cause he has no better ride, are narrow minded!

Personally, what Pete has achieved in the last 2 years will remain in the history books forever, and is something that your  average joe will not understand.

Stop reading the bull that mcn print and make your own minds up.

Not here to cause a row but why can't people just applaude the true home grown British talent that we have!
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2015, 04:31 PM by Chunk83.)
14-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

So you cant have an opinion unless it is a positive one?

14-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Now Now.

People are entitled to an opinion and because someone doesn't necessarily agree with yours, doesn't mean to say that you or they are wrong.

So let's stop this right now and respect the opinions of others without it developing into a slanging match.

Malcolm

ENOUGH
14-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
I have just had to delete a reply post to the one that you made above c iom tt which could well have provoked an even more "heated" response to your post content.

The thread has gone off topic and as such, I remind you all to stay ON Topic and refrain from making posts that are contrary to :-

•5. Offensive - Material that might reasonably be expected to cause distress to others. Postings should be civil, tasteful and polite. They should not be mean-spirited, or contributed with the intention of causing trouble. They should not include vulgar language, (full words or abbreviations of). They should show respect for users of all ages and abilities.

Read the Terms & Conditions if you haven't already done so and adhere to them.

Consistently ignoring the T&C's will only result in administrative action being implemented - Be Warned - I have banned one permanently from the Forum already today.

Malcolm
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Website Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Next year Peter Hickman will be in his third year and I am sure you will find he has wised up more and smoothed out, he is a brilliant rider some of the comments on this thread are a little directed at the worst to him and I just hope he does not read what has been said,  Mike don't push it, to me you are a very valued forum member, it wont be long before Hickman will get on that top step, having said that the home guard are still there winning.
14-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Bill,
I think like the TT itself, these forums belong to the newer generation, so I will respectively, bow out of the forums at least.
I do not subscribe, or am comfortable with the 'faster, faster' mentality that now seems to be the requirement of competing at the TT.
The 'new' fans and supporters will take the TT and forums like this to places I dont want to go, but the new riders and there helpers better get a hurry on if they want the 'new' fans to be buying merchandise etc and be idolised in the same way as JMcG, MD, GM etc if what I whitnesed whilst watching the Senior from Gorselea was anything to go by.
On the last lap, after the top four riders had gone through, and in one case two large groups of people after JMcG went through, about 30% of the people watching from there packed up and made there way back to there vehicles. I say vehicles as there were about twice as many cars and vans in the feild where everyone was parked, than there were bikes.
I even started taking photos of the people leaving for some reason.
By the time the last rider had gone past us, there was about 10% of the people still on the bank.
Once again, I have gone off topic, but I assure you, it wont happen again.

14-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Find Reply
billybookcase Offline

Threads: 13
(14-06-2015, 04:29 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: No comments or opinions detract from the endeavour and commitment to the task involved, that shouldn't ever be thought less of. Phil McCallen looked like a very keen newcomer the whole time he was out there :o)

Arf!
I second that. 
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
14-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Find Reply