To all the Marshals who did the 2015 TT, a very big thank you all
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
To all the Marshals who did the 2015 TT, a very big thank you all
I would personaly like to thank everyone who registered to marshal for this years TT it has been a difficult time again this year with the poor weather conditions, rain with winds during practice week along with the other difficult circumstances they have had to deal with and along with the dangers they face. The average age of a scrutineer over the past few years seemed to be over 55, however it was refreshing this year not to make desperate requests for more scrutinners as it now appears to be a new younger marshal taking it up and giving their free time, and good on them,"respect" with a bit of luck we will never hear that saying again "No Marshals no racing" I appreciate again what you have all done i will thank everone of you on here. thank you.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2015, 08:21 PM by spannerman.)
14-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
coll83 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: To all the Marshals who did the 2015 TT, a very big thank you all
Was up at 36th (Hillberry) on Senior day at what a day!!
Great to be part of the TT
16-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

We marshaled every session of race week for a sceond year and really enjoyed every minute.We were at Ballagarey,Hairpin and Guthries and everyone was just fantastic.

Roll on 2016!Icon_biggrin

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
16-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
The Marshals do an amazing job. Definitely the unsung heroes of the TT.
I look forward to giving them all a hypothetical wave at the Classic/Manx.
16-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
(16-06-2015, 12:02 PM)Splashdown Wrote: The Marshals do an amazing job. Definitely the unsung heroes of the TT.

Absolutely. Many congratulations to every Marshal working this year - for their energy, patience & professionalism. Stars one & all.
16-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Threads: 21
The marshals should all get free boat travel top job lads.if it wasn't for you guys I couldn't get drunk in the Rosemount and watch the greatest show on earth.
16-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Find Reply
BRADDAN OAK Offline

Threads: 21
I MARSHALLED AT THE BRADDAN OAK TREE FOR ALL PRACTISE SESSIONS, AND ALL RACE SESSIONS, ONLY TOO PLEASED TO HELP THE RIDERS AND KEEP THEM SAFE. WILL BE BACK FOR MGP.

16-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
So we met on Monday and Tuesday of race week then!

Enjoyed helping - especially (although that sounds wrong...)when we had Andrew Soar in - glad to see he made the Senior and wasn't far off a replica. He's a great bloke and didn't get too upset with me pulling the brake too hard (never ridden so didn't know Confused )

I'll be back for the MGP but only for a few of the practice days - probably at union mills so the girls can eat cake and sit behind the wall.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2015, 05:35 PM by Raynetjr. Edit Reason: Didn't put full story in! )
16-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

(16-06-2015, 12:02 PM)Splashdown Wrote: The Marshals do an amazing job. Definitely the unsung heroes of the TT.
I look forward to giving them all a hypothetical wave at the Classic/Manx.

Nick, with lot's of members on here who race in the TT,  up until now it is disappointing that you are the only rider to show gratitude towards the marshals, dear oh dear.
16-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Find Reply
Col Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Had two incidents in three days this year. Monday, William Dunlop and Wednesday ,Marc Maier from the sidecars. Both taken to Nobles via the helicopter. 
Couple of souvenirs from the BMW guys, scrap bits from William's stocker, energy drinks etc.
Marc sent out a box of chocs for us on Friday. 
16-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Yes a big thank you to all the marshals who did a brilliant job with out you guys no TT!
16-06-2015, 11:58 PM
Find Reply
Mugen Offline

Threads: 4
I second all the comments made - the marshalls do a great job, unpaid and in all weathers, enduring many delays. As Team Mugen we are extremely grateful for the time and effort donated by these unsung heroes, without whom we would not be able to race - thank you to each and every one of you.
17-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

I spent all week in (mostly) fine weather at Guthries and the 27th and with the exception of Friday, it was bloody cold. For me, the real heroes are those marshals that were up there during practice week, I don't even want to think about those brave souls put themselves through. #goingbeyond
17-06-2015, 09:51 AM
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
(16-06-2015, 06:14 PM)spannerman Wrote: Nick, with lot's of members on here who race in the TT,  up until now it is disappointing that you are the only rider to show gratitude towards the marshals, dear oh dear.

I'm sure other riders show their appreciation in other ways. John McGuinness and Milky Quayle have joined the orange army themselves at the MGP and S100.
17-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

This was my first year of marshalling both in practice and race week and boy did I find it tiring. However having carried out volunteer responsibilities for many years as a school governor etc I have never ever received the appreciation and thanks of so many people as I have for doing this.
So much so that before next year I will attend the earliest available safety course I can which hopefully make me a more proficient marshal for TT 2016.
17-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

(17-06-2015, 05:43 PM)tigerted Wrote: This was my first year of marshalling both in practice and race week and boy did I find it tiring. However having carried out volunteer responsibilities for many years as a school governor etc I have never ever received the appreciation and thanks of so many people as I have for doing this.
So much so that before next year I will attend the earliest available safety course I can which hopefully make me a more proficient marshal for TT 2016.

Glad you enjoyed the Marshaling experience.Where were you posted Tigerted?The IMC course is fantastic not just for marshaling but for whenever you are out on the road lots of valuable info and demonstrations and will certainly make you a lot more confident using the flags and the tetra radio.

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
18-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

(18-06-2015, 11:58 AM)maybolezx12r Wrote:
(17-06-2015, 05:43 PM)tigerted Wrote: This was my first year of marshalling both in practice and race week and boy did I find it tiring. However having carried out volunteer responsibilities for many years as a school governor etc I have never ever received the appreciation and thanks of so many people as I have for doing this.

Glad you enjoyed the Marshaling experience.Where were you posted Tigerted?The IMC course is fantastic not just for marshaling but for whenever you are out on the road lots of valuable info and demonstrations and will certainly make you a lot more confident using the flags and the tetra radio.

P

Thanks P I was with Micky, Irene & Heinz and others at Rhencullen and boy are they fast through there. It didn't take me long to realise that I had a real responsibility to ensure the spectators remained safe and the riders had my full attention as they entered and left our post. With all the delays Wayde a fire fighter had the opportunity to show us everything in the safety box and how to use it.
It seemed to have worked because watching visitors riding through Windy Corner I unfortunately saw a young fella slide off of his R6 and with others I run to help him rather than the other way.
I know we all regard those unfortunate those that come off as idiots but I could not help but feel sorry for Scott the rider as he seems a nice young lad of 24 who was really only having a bit of fun and ended up breaking his leg and wrist. I am just so glad that he didn't take anyone down with him.
I am looking forward to acquiring even more information to assist others that may come unstuck in the future.
19-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Find Reply