MAGIC MANX
Anonymous
Unregistered

MAGIC MANX
Hi everyone, just returned from i o man ,had a brilliant holiday .My thanks to all competitors in manx grand prix,marshalls, officials,and my fellow auditors on scoreboard. Commpetitors i thought your turnout of both your machines and yourselves,was a credit to yourselves and our sport.To the manxies, thank you for your tollerance and your assistance.Congratulations to all award winners,my own personal congratulations to the ,WILSON COLLINS team.
CHEERS BARNESIE.
04-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MAGIC MANX
The best Manx for many many years, I think. Well done to Stuart Sturrock..."och, no, I'm not expecting to win. I'll just be happy with a finish"....
Congratulatuions to Barry Wood, and wow to Roy R for an amazing race.
Just so pleased for Keith Taylor. Well done...and better to come next year.
When is Ian Pattinson going to win a race...must be next year.
Commiserations to Gail...blooming disappointing, but congrats to Carolynn...podium next year, girl!
And thanks to each and every one of the riders, mechanics, officials, marshalls and sponsors who made it all happen.
less than 360 days till it all starts again, and there's the TT, and the Southern.......
04-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You forgot to mention a wee Scottish girl who finished both races she entered in what was her first manx, so well done Elle.
05-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

OOPS...Sorry Elle, and also John McComisky finishing his second Manx......
05-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanx for that! I had the most amazing 2 weeks and haven't come down properly yet!!
Well done and thank you to all involved and here's to next year...
05-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Id have known that I was her target, as she revealed after the race, Id have put a bullseye on my back for her!! lol Well done Elle, see you next year.
05-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:SCOTTISH MAGIC MANX
I would like to say a big up to Stuart Sturrock and clan, Rab "mullet" Davie, Alan Bennie, Ronnie Todd and Sharon and Jarvis "cocker spaniel" for all that fine visitfife.com help and laughs and even a swig of champers...I expect the bill in the post!!!!!.

Mick Skene for his patience and my lack of speed when giving me advice...Russ for scaring me senseless before the race with his Alpine Cottage tale.

I am going to be completly biased and name check all of my fellow Scots, Wattie Broon, Adam Easton, Ewan Hamilton, Andy Wallace, Peter Robertson Dennis Gallagher, Bob Pearson and Big Alec & Dorothy Christie for giving the Manx a tartan feel.

Also a huge big up to Chris Woods and Elle for both kicking my ass so hard I will switch class next year!!!....mibbays a push bike.

Nice to see so many Scottish visitors and fans of road racing would made time to speak and crack a joke or three, also cheers to my adopted Scottish cohorts The Duke and Cargo for passing the time of day and having a crack during practice week.

In fact there are so many who remain nameless such as the Marshalls, First Aid, Scrutineers and MGP club who put all of this two wheeled festival on for club racers from all over the world.

Nice to get that of my chest, I apologise for my Scottishness, and wish everyone well.

06-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ammo, thanks for your posting and sorry too - someone had to be my target !! And to everyone else who gave me help and encouragement throughout the Manx, HUGE THANKS. Special thanks to the guys from the Gary Dynes Foundation, Terry Gilmour, Ewan Hamilton, Mick Chatterton, Chris Palmer, Tom Snow, Davy Wood, Team Ireland, KBC Helmets. Plus mega thanks and well done to all the Scottish guys, especially Stewart Cole, John McComisky, Chris Woods and the many many more who helped make my first Manx so fantastic. Just heard my fastest lap was 96.91mph, am delighted with this for a Newcomer on a 125. Am looking forward to next year already !!
Apologies for the Oscar speech, I think I'm going to do a Gwyneth..
08-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations on your Manx debut , you were very smooth , it takes a bit of learning , and next year you will get a 100 mph lap!!!. I noticed that one of the persons you thanked was Stewart Cole, is this the same Stewart Cole who led the North West 200 , only to fall at the Juniper Chicane on the final lap , letting ( i think) Courtney Junk to win ( and the flag man failed to give Junk the Chequered linen , and he done another lap!!)
08-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks very much, your comments are much appreciated!! Yes, he is the very same Stewart Cole of North West fame. Stewart rebuilt my 125 for me prior to the Manx, and then offered to come over to help me work on the bike. And he did a great job, I did 22 laps in the fortnight without any bike problems. I really loved riding the 125 on the circuit, it was a dream come true.
08-09-2003, 11:38 PM