Enough is Enough
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
Enough is Enough
If you have read the post Enough is Enough in the section "everybody must read"  I do hope the culprits are proud of yourselves we have a great site here and Malcolm took lots of us on board after the demise of our other meeting place and now we are going to loose this one to.
Thanks a bunch.

Malcolm I know you have not made this decision lightly theres a lot of good work on here and some really good people its just such a shame it gets ruined for the masses by the few, myself and many others appreciate the work that moderators like you have to do so we can have our say. Thanks for everything I just wish there was another way for you to go forward. But Gods speed and Thankyou.

Keith Newcomer 74
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
17-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Website Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 356
RE: Enough is Enough
It's a shame to lose the forum,
similarly,
after some of the antics at the TT I dread to think what the future holds.
Thanks for all your hard work over the past years, Malcolm
17-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Website Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
What a shame, I don't blame Malcolm.
Who would use threatening behaviour - some idiots in this world? Don't ever be intimidated by these idiots, those of us who fight for sport (martial arts) know what spineless idiots these people are. No doubt yet another arm chair hero hiding behind an anonymous facade. I hope Malcolm does get them nailed.

Thanks Malcolm, it was good to have somewhere to talk while it lasted.

Just one thought, if you could consider it - any chance you could just make the forum visible to USERS ONLY? That would remove the worry about litigation etc.
If not, if I ever find out who you are and where you are, look forward to buying you a pint.

I will  continue to update the main section of the site (and on here) with Press Releases and Information on all the Racing Events as I have done previously.

What I am stopping is allowing people to post on here, but you will still be able to read whatever I post.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2015, 11:45 AM by Malcolm.)
17-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Find Reply
SeanLXIV Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Such a shame, but totally agree with Malcolm's actions. Social media has been a wonderful invention, however some people have no concept of what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour.
17-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
Thanks for that Edit Malcolm, I love reading your updates, it's a great service. I will miss the debates and discussions, and talking to the friends I have made on here. It's a shame it has to be ruined, especially now that of late the talking only seems to be about the TT, without the previous negativety towards the people trying to run it (my opinion).
However I don't blame you for closing it down if thats what you are going to do, a thankless task, I wouldn't want the hassle.
If you had a strict entry policy it would put off most of the idiots and trouble makers (works for me with my Taekwondo classes!), and the chat would be out of the public eye amongst race anoraks only.

Things like verifying identity, your address, even signing and posting a disclaimer. That would put off most people, but the hardcore hedge / bike nut has no life so would do anything to get into a place he can talk about his favourite subject (says the hardcore hedge / bike but who has no life). Just a thought.
17-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Cannot believe this after Malcolm taking us all on board when the offical forum closed he is subjected to this treatment.It really is a crying shame and will leave a massive gap in my pre and post yearly TT visit.

All i can say is thank you Malcolm and wish you all the best in the future.

Very sadIcon_frown

Paul

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
17-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
I've only just seen Malcolm's announcement - and whilst feeling very sad to see the closure of this brilliant forum, I can truly appreciate the decision that he has made. As KF (and others) have just said, it's wholly deplorable when the idiotic minority ruin everything for the respectful majority, but unfortunately the interweb forums are filled with similarly cretinous behaviour. I guess time will tell, but I'm somewhat concerned about the future of The TT if the actions of the mindless minority continue apace.

My best wishes & thanks go to you Malcolm; and I sincerely hope you manage to gain some form of personal justice for the completely unwarrented personal threats & abuse you have received from those morons. Hopefully the aforementioned will learn that they're not as anonymous as they like to think they are. Good luck & thanks again for all your hard work.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2015, 12:11 PM by Sussex Ninja Gal'.)
17-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Find Reply
sam.b Offline
Just Getting Started

Thank you Malcolm, another great Forum ruined by a few idiots.
17-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Find Reply
coll83 Offline

So many idiots amongst us. Shame these hard men couldn't come to my Muay Thai gym for 5 rounds so I could kick the you know what out of them!!!

Silly silly people.

thanks anyway Malcolm, hope you get this sorted!!!
17-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I should have posted this here instead of the forum meet thread!

A great shame, but sadly somewhat inevitable judging by the change in visitor profile of TT visitors in recent years.
I do not belive that any genuine motorcycle enthusiast would subject Malcom to the type of communications to him that he has described. I am not sugesting that all motorcycle enthusiasts are angels, there are always the odd bad apple. But as I have mentioned previously, I am not happy with the shift to the 'football mentality' of a lot of the newer visitors to the TT in recent years, and it is this element that tend to translate to the 'keyboard warrior' when posting on the web. I stoped posting on this forum a few days ago because of the way some threads were developing, obviously it was a lot worse behind the scenes.
As a side note, this year I stayed with freinds rather than the hotel I have over the past few years. The couple are retired, Manx born and bred, and the biggest supporters of the TT you would like to meet.They use to love the way the Island came to life ( there words) during the TT.
What shocked me was the complete 180 degree change in attitude now to the TT.
Now, they are sick to death with it. When I pressed them what had happened to change there attitudes, the response was predictable. Rude agressive people, bikes speeding in there side street where previously bikes had 'potted' about. Change of Homestay visitors by them who had brought there bikes in two vans which the blocked drives and parked where they wanted without any consideration for the locals.
I could go on and on, but that is the crux of it. After relaying there story to more freinds and buisiness owners over there, I started to get some nods and agreement with some of the points raised.
It is something the DED could do with taking notice off in the relentless persuit of more and more visitors. Without the support of the Manx people, the TT will not survive.

Adios everyone, see you on the rock next year!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2015, 12:22 PM by c iom tt. Edit Reason: wrong text )
17-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
This IS sad news. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, I am devastated, and disgusted that Malcolm is being abused.

This has developed into a useful and interesting forum, and after the break down on "the other side", you could see that folk were still joining here, so it's a real shame.
17-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
Smudger's Lodger Offline

Threads: 2
Malcolm

Can't say I blame you in the slightest. Nobody should be subjected to the sort of thing you've had to put up with, especially after all the hard work you put into hosting this site and it's forums. Yet another example of the idiotic minority ruining it for the responsible majority.

If you find a way to re-introduce the forums in a "safe" environment, I'll be more than happy to support you.

Thanks for all the hard work.

All the best.

Mike
17-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1
(17-06-2015, 12:21 PM)c iom tt Wrote: I should have posted this here instead of the forum meet thread!

A great shame, but sadly somewhat inevitable judging by the change in visitor profile of TT visitors in recent years.
I do not belive that any genuine motorcycle enthusiast would subject Malcom to the type of communications to him that he has described. I am not sugesting that all motorcycle enthusiasts are angels, there are always the odd bad apple. But as I have mentioned previously, I am not happy with the shift to the 'football mentality' of a lot of the newer visitors to the TT in recent years, and it is this element that tend to translate to the 'keyboard warrior' when posting on the web. I stoped posting on this forum a few days ago because of the way some threads were developing, obviously it was a lot worse behind the scenes.
As a side note, this year I stayed with freinds rather than the hotel I have over the past few years. The couple are retired, Manx born and bred, and the biggest supporters of the TT you would like to meet.They use to love the way the Island came to life ( there words) during the TT.
What shocked me was the complete 180 degree change in attitude now to the TT.
Now, they are sick to death with it. When I pressed them what had happened to change there attitudes, the response was predictable. Rude agressive people, bikes speeding in there side street where previously bikes had 'potted' about. Change of Homestay visitors by them who had brought there bikes in two vans which the blocked drives and parked where they wanted without any consideration for the locals.
I could go on and on, but that is the crux of it. After relaying there story to more freinds and buisiness owners over there, I started to get some nods and agreement with some of the points raised.
It is something the DED could do with taking notice off in the relentless persuit of more and more visitors. Without the support of the Manx people, the TT will not survive.

Adios everyone, see you on the rock next year!!

I could have written the above myself and agree entirely.

Very sorry to see the end of the forum, thank you to Malcolm for keeping it going for so long
17-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
I must express my deep sorrow for what ever the problem has been,Malcom has done a wonderful job on here and I for one will miss the banter which I found useful and interesting and some times funny once again a big thank you for all your hard work! Ps I hope the person or persons are really proud of what they have done
17-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
Mr B Offline

Threads: 3
(17-06-2015, 12:21 PM)c iom tt Wrote: I am not happy with the shift to the 'football mentality' of a lot of the newer visitors to the TT in recent years, and it is this element that tend to translate to the 'keyboard warrior' when posting on the web.
+1.
A sad day. Although I haven't posted much in the last seven and a half years, this forum has always been the first port of call for me to keep up to date with what was happening on the IoM. Thank you Malcolm for your dedication and all you've done in the past. Such a shame it had to be spoiled by the moronic minority.
All the best,
Andy
17-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Find Reply
luca Offline

Threads: 8
Very sad news...

Thank you, Malcom, and wish you all the best in the future.

Luca
17-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Oh what! this is a real shame as this has been a great forum and source of information, I would do the same being in Malcome shoes some folk will abuse anything. It was my twenty first TT visit this year and have attended 7MGP and the change in the type of people that now attend The TT have a more football hooligan and f you jack attitude. I was at hillberry one day and there was 4 lads drunk as anything sitting in people's seats when they got up even had a mild punch up by the end of the day with each other. One guy even tried nicking my mates spot standing in front of him despite us being at our spot at 7:00am but despite saying all that most are the best fans in any sport in all the world but a minority spoil it as has happened to this great site. Good luck to everyone see you all on the rock next year.
17-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
That's awful Malcolm and the people concerned should be ashamed of themselves. It highlights some of the reasons why the IOMTT forum was closed however. Good luck and thanks for your time and effort to make the place what it is.
17-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Find Reply
BRADDAN OAK Offline

Threads: 21
What a shame that Malcolm is having to take this action, the people who have caused this to happen should be ashamed of themselves.

17-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Find Reply
STEVEVTR Offline

Threads: 5
Really sorry to hear that Malcolm, but totaly support your actions.
17-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Find Reply