Milwaukee Yamaha gunning for Snetterton success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha gunning for Snetterton success
[Image: milwakeeyamahahdr2015.jpg]

The Milwaukee Yamaha team return to the track this weekend for the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton in Norfolk and Josh Brookes and Broc Parkes are in a determined mood ahead of the two races.

Brookes arrives full focused on securing his first win of the season at the circuit where he set the fastest ever lap of the 300 circuit at the recent official test. The Australian has scored five podiums from the opening six races and is confident of more this weekend as he bids to close the deficit at the top of the standings.

Parkes meanwhile is feeling confident that he can battle for the top five this weekend following the positive two day test at the circuit, where he closed in on his rivals and improved his pace as he aims for a sold points haul.

Josh Brookes

“We have been making really good progress with the bike and I wouldn’t have expected to go so far under the lap record as we have [at Snetterton official test] but it has come together right but really we can’t get too complacent. We have to keep our head down and we know Snetterton is going to be a good circuit for us as we proved at the test.

"Snetterton is considered to be a horse-power important track with the long back straight and the climb up the front straight and I know there are a lot of corners on the infield section so it has to come as a package. I don’t think I can pinpoint one rider [ahead of the races] as there is such a broad number of riders who I wouldn’t be surprised to be in a battle with this weekend.”  

Broc Parkes

"I feel ready for this weekend. The test we had at the circuit was really positive and I started to feel quite comfortable and be able to use the front much better as I haven't had the confidence in the front all year as I have had a couple of crashes. In general I feel I understand the bike a lot more now after the test.

“We tested the new tank and made some changes to my positioning on the bike and I feel we can move forward again this weekend at Snetterton, the top five is where I need to be and where I intend to be in the two races.”

[Image: brookesleadsatoulton.jpg]
Brookes leads the charge at Oulton Park
17-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Website Find Reply