What would you do to support Malcom - please list it?
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
What would you do to support Malcom - please list it?
Which combination of the following would be able to do to support him say in the event of Malcolm giving it a 2nd thought (just for interest and to let Malcolm know he doesn't have to be on his own on this).

1. Pay a fee?
2. Moderate?
3. Process user requests?
4. Assist with legal (should that actually happen after people have paid a fee and filled out a user agreement etc ((doubt they would when they can annoy people on free websites)
5. Other?
18-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

RE: What would you do to support Malcom - please list it?
I could do no 1 - Pay a fee
Possibly could help with 4 - not yet but in about 18 months time when I'll have more time
18-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
Post responsibly

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
18-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

(18-06-2015, 02:42 PM)Yamanx Wrote: Post responsibly

That would be a given of the User Agreement. Would you pay a fee?
18-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
I'd pay a fee.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
18-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Website Find Reply
breva Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I'd pay a fee and complete a user agreement
18-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

(18-06-2015, 02:45 PM)wsn03 Wrote:
(18-06-2015, 02:42 PM)Yamanx Wrote: Post responsibly

That would be a given of the User Agreement. Would you pay a fee?

Maybe, depends on if its a one off, or annually, or how much etc.

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
18-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
Would pay a fee AND accept a secure password to the posting activity, if this is technically practicable.

Or a substantial deposit (refundable on closure of the "account")
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 03:09 PM by larryd.)
18-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Any or all of the above.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
18-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
1.Would pay a fee(depending on amount)
3.Could help with processing new users.

Really will be a shame if this forum closes

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
18-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

There's no reason to be signing in by proxy so ban that for a start, then be brutal with offenders for first serious offence ala walking on closed roads. Not using your real name unless offensive isn't a problem for as a nutjob can do a lot of unwanted the social digging with a real name. Verified  personal details via a one off payment would deter the obvious  keyboard numpties.
18-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Great idea wsn03.

I could probably try to help with all 5 things (but not always available) but I think the most important thing to do is let Malcolm have the break he's asked for and let him think about what he does next.

Rather jr
18-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 7
Pay a fee and complete a user agreement.No problems with using my real name.It's done on some other forums.
18-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
Either a yearly or one of fee which if need be could be given to one of the TT support charities. I would willing pay £10.00 for the right to put info on a forum like this. There are lots of people who only look these guests could still look for free. but you must pay to display Exclamation 
This would also give validity to who the member is.
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
18-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
I also could probably do all five, time is a big issue for me at the moment also. I think a realistic fee to be a member is a good idea personally and make the forum for member only to view. I agree that we should let Malcolm have a good break sounds like he's been through the mill of late and see what he decides for the future.
18-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Find Reply
Electric_Monk Offline

Threads: 0
I'd be happy to pay a registration fee and help moderate.  I could also offer technical site support if necessay, although Malcolm seems to have this all in hand!  Would be a real shame to lose this forum so soon after the last one closed.
18-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
i offered to pay a sort of subscription fee to malcolm when the other forum closed to help him out
the main issue is personal so money is not the answer
respect is the answer but forums and respect dont always go hand in hand
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
18-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
(18-06-2015, 02:34 PM)wsn03 Wrote: Which combination of the following would be able to do to support him say in the event of Malcolm giving it a 2nd thought (just for interest and to let Malcolm know he doesn't have to be on his own on this).

1. Pay a fee?
2. Moderate?
3. Process user requests?
4. Assist with legal (should that actually happen after people have paid a fee and filled out a user agreement etc ((doubt they would when they can annoy people on free websites)
5. Other?

None of the above, I'll just go back to hanging out at The Mill.

Oh wait that maybe #5 Other.
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
18-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I would pay a registration fee , but I feel that reading between the lines a big part of Malcolm's problem is the amount of time that he has to donate to the running of the site so is there a way we could make things easier for him in that department ? I am not a computer buff I am useless on that front , but would it be easier if we were only able to post on one sector just general and one for photos and the other , specific sectors there for information only that Malcolm is good at doing , and if I am not mistaken is a part of the site that he enjoyed , having to move things about and edit everything is way too much for any one person to have to do on a daily basis , so if it was one area for chatter most of which would be by the very nature of the site TT /IOM related and one sector for photos , therefore not have to worry about being off topic or in the wrong place meaning all that would be needed to look out for would be abuse in a more general manner , that if we could find one or two people that Malcolm could trust to help him should ease the burden if we could find just 5 or 6 people that could help with the moderating one day a week it would give Malcolm much needed time to have a life    , or am I just talking rubbish as usual , sorry if I am , just trying to think of something positive to help , for I like most others would be very sad to see it go and would rather see if we cant find some way of making some changes that could help Malcolm keep the site running 

good post Will , Malcolm does not deserve all this hassle lets just hope a way can be found for him to enjoy the site and our company , and not feel it has become a out of control monster , for I think there are way way more good people on here than bad 

good luck Malcolm 

(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 06:02 PM by Steady the Edward.)
18-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Things we can do is take the weight off a bit by thinking about where we post.  Make sure it goes in the relevant section of the forum and save the Malcolm the job of having to shift it.

Now that the TT is over a lot of the annual numpties will disappear again, so hopefully it will be quieter on the admin front.

We're a diverse bunch, so there's always going to be the occasional difference of opinion but if we can try and keep it amicable.  After all, we're all interested in the same basic subject!

Think about what you say in a post.  Free speech doesn't include libel or slander!

I hope we can keep going here and maybe the best way forward is if we all have a bit of a think before we post anything.
18-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Website Find Reply