What would you do to support Malcom - please list it?
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would you do to support Malcom - please list it?
(22-06-2015, 12:16 PM)HammerHead Wrote: None of us knows Malcolm's personal circumstances and he may simply not want the income from people paying or the extra responsibility that running a paid service brings. However, even if no charge is made needing a credit card to register might be worth thinking about - it at least gives some comfort of knowing peoples' real identity. Even this though might open another can of worms with data protection and needing a secure element of the site to take such details.

I have moderated forums before - it is a thankless task and I found it very time consuming. Would I do it again? Well probably yes I would if it were the difference between losing the forum or not but I wouldn't be at the front of the queue wanting to do it.

I'm sure from what he has said Malcolm wants no income from this. That's fine, how about donating it to charity? The point with charging people (eg £10 / anum) is that it stops trolls and trouble makers from bothering because a) they're now traceable and b) they dont want to pay to pursue their activities if they can cause trouble elsewhere for free
23-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you do to support Malcom - please list it? - by wsn03 - 23-06-2015, 01:16 PM