TT on foot
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
TT on foot
We were at the TT this year as foot passengers and were pleasently surprised with the experience.All public transport was spot on on the Island with all buses being on time and there seemed to be plenty of them.We stayed at Peel Football club and the buses stopped right at teh gate which was great for Douglas and Ramsey.Also was quite nice to be able to nip into a pub and have a pint and not worry about driving.
I did miss the bike for my early morning laps and getting to our marshaling post on the mountain easily but all in all a very good experince.

Do any of you guys go on foot ?

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
19-06-2015, 09:50 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: TT on foot
The Dept of Infastructure said today that foot passengers at this years TT spent £427,000 on the buses and trains this year!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
NSR500 Offline

Threads: 2
I took the bike, bit more difficult to pop into Douglas for a pint while i was staying in Kirk Michael though, and easier to get up the mountain too.....
A proud member of the Orange Army
                 Party2
19-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
(19-06-2015, 10:12 AM)c iom tt Wrote: The Dept of Infastructure said today that foot passengers at this years TT spent £427,000 on the buses and trains this year!

Can imagine that being the cases as some of the buses we were on were packed.Good we earner that!

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2015, 11:23 AM by maybolezx12r.)
19-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
I use a car over there because I have so much running around to do - I want to watch the races, but I have to visit all my friends etc (I grew up there so I have a lot to visit).

If I was just going as a tourist I would go on foot over the car - the transport is excellent, and even walking beats being on the roads sometimes when its all a bit crazy and congested. I did the MGP on bicycle one year, all I remember is feeling extremely relaxed afterwards - don't think I went any further than Port Soderick to Onchan
19-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
i go most years as foot pasanger
dosnt stop me enjoying it every year i do go by car or bike to the southern mind
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
19-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Been on foot a few times it's ok and the bus service is excellent you see a lot more of the Island from the top deck where on my bike you don,t see half of it!
19-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Find Reply
Maca944 Offline

Threads: 1
Next year will be my first visit to the TT. I intend to go as a foot passenger, and later on go there by bike when it's a bit more quiet (maybe the MGP is a good excuse). Good to hear the public transport will get you around.
19-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
I have done it on foot a few times and it's great not having to worry about a vehicle when you want a drink. I also love the horse drawn trams. Saying that having a bike or car is also great for exploring but being on foot does not take away any of the fun of the TT. There's such a lot of different modes of transport out there horse team, electric railway, bus, steam train, taxi if it's a late one at the bushys tent lol, we had a savers card that allowed you on all forms of transportation last time we done it on foot not sure if this is still available and it was really good, you get to see the island in a relaxed way.
19-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

The saver cards still exist; my mate and I used them this TT. In the end, other than a trip to Castletown on the steam train, we didn't really make full use of them as we stayed near our campsite and walked everywhere.
19-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
(19-06-2015, 12:34 PM)wsn03 Wrote: I use a car over there because I have so much running around to do - I want to watch the races, but I have to visit all my friends etc (I grew up there so I have a lot to visit).

I took the car over there once, TT 1992. Everywhere we went we got blocked in, got cut up left right & centre ( yes the Loony's were there then as well ), & was I have to admit more scary than any time I have ever been on the Bike !!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
19-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

I must admit the scariest thing about this TT was the walk to/from Braddan Oak to marshal - at times it felt like being an extra in Death Race 2000- standing by the Oak was easy compared with that!
19-06-2015, 09:28 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
This year was my second year at the TT both times on foot and can safely say I would never take a vehicle(2 or 4 wheels) over there during the TT period, it's utter chaos. Plus the Manx public transport system seems so good, you can get pretty much anywhere by bus or rail. Another brilliant time though!
20-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
BetaRev3 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I usually take the bike but this was the first year as a foot passenger (last minute decision to go).  Based at Quarter Bridge (Metzeler village) I was surprised how easy it was to travel around.  Buses were frequent, generally on time and the trip to the Post-TT meeting was great via the Steam Railway.  Missed my bike but still had a great time on foot.
20-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Find Reply