Well, how good was that then
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Well, how good was that then
After 14 days at this year's tt we landed home earlier this week. We had a brilliant time in (eventually) glorious weather.

Watched from ballacraine, cronk y voddy x 2, barregarrow crossroads (both sides), Glen Helen 1 (x2) (thanks cap sparkle, mega spot), k tree and gorse lea.

Roll on Manx now and next year's tt

So, did you all enjoy yourselves and where did you watch?

My highlight was seeing hutchy back on the top step and mcpint bagging the senior, great stuff

=======================================================================
See you on the island
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2015, 07:39 PM by H2pots.)
19-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 12
RE: Well, how good was that then
Watched from Cronky Moaner(my new name according to my mate) and Dad's mate's garden in between traffic lights and Bray Hill crest, my mate Graham English came off at 13th in practice(recovering well now from head injuries) so rather than be miserable we put his start/grid/paddock passes to good use and got in amongst the big buzz at the start for a few races. Ate my bodyweight in ice cream, got a few laps in and the legacy lap on Sunday.
19-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I watched..
Sunday - Between Ginger Hall and Sulby Bridge
Monday- Rhencullen
Tuesday- Hillberry
Wednesday- Glen Helen
Friday- Gorselea.
Sad for Michael Dunlop for his bad luck
Frustrated for Guy Martin. 133mph lap and still no win.
Happy for Hutchy getting that demon off his back
Big smile for JMcG for showing that being older counts for nothing when it matters, and reminded me of what Joey done in 2000
I never got one run over the Mountain as everytime I got to Ramsey, it was closed ( The Mountain, not Ramsey)
I got to thinking that I was the jinx for closing the Mountain!
There SEEMED to be less bikes, and more cars about than previous years, and a lot more people on push bikes.
I had a nice chat with a couple of Dutch blokes and six Italian blokes, all first timers, and all on bikes.
Supprised by the amount of people watching with neither a radio or a programe.
Due to the racing on the Sunday and Tuesday, I missed the Ramsey Sprint both days, and the vintage tractor show in Port Erin, which I love.
Thursday down at the Sound/ Calf Of Man was grid locked. I have never seen so many people down there. The Cafe must have thought Christmas had come early with the size of the que to get in.
It was a rough crossing on the Mannanan on the way over on the Friday night, and I had flash backs to the good old days of The Lady Of Man and the King Orry.
Watching Douglas disappear into the distance on the way home alway makes me feel a bit sad, partly because it is all over for another year, and partly thinking of the souls who wont be comming home with us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

And several praccy sessions at QB .. met some friendly enthusiastic first timers/watchers on foot, they innocently asked how fast/which way as they wanted to watch somewhere really fast and up close as they were only over for 3 days, there was slight disappointment when I described the speed at QB, more close up speed disappointment when I asked them where they were staying/come from that afternoon and the reply was Glen Lough campsite haha, bumped into them again at paddock on their last day and the up close speed smiles were plain to see.
19-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Watched at top of bray hill , gorse lea , conker fields,and bungalow twice absoloutley brilliant met people from South Africa, Australia, Cataluyana, France and Ireland what a cracking 2 weeks roll on next year
19-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
It was a belting TT, great cheer for super Bruce's big bike win, chuffed for Hutchy's wins, not to mention mc pints mega senior win and lap record, lee johnson's podium and Ivan lintin's first win.super job by the birchall's and by Molly and his lap record, it would have been real good if guy and William Dunlop could have got a win to really cap it off. our crew watched at hillberry, Cronk-y-voddy, sulby, Crosby leap few times, glen Helen and ginger hall in our 12 day stay. Yeah I'm in total agreement a programe and a radio are essential as is a bag of sandwiches and a tea source lol. All in all a real grand fortnight and it was warm and dry for the racing which is always a welcomed bonus.
19-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I watched the Superstock race from Hillberry, Supersport 2, Sidecar 2 and Zero from the bottom of Bray Hill and also saw the Kawasaki H2R from there as well and WOW, I've never seen so many sparks come off a motorbike. I watched the Lightweight and Senior from the grounds of Douglas RUFC where I was camping.

Enjoyed it all, it was better than last time and that was great too, the cheer John got after the lap record was incredible.
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2015, 10:00 AM by AntG.)
20-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
When we arrived, 37 fans, in a chartered plane from Sweden on Friday the 5th we went to the bottom of Bray Hill in the evening. That's standard always. Interesting to watch our rookies when the first competitors comes rushing down the hill. They always don't believe their eyes when they see the fantastic speed. This time sidecars came first. It has happened that people think that the trottle is stuck on full and that there will be a crash. They get used to the speed after a while!

I was in the press center many racing days but I was in Braddan Bridge on Superbike Race. Just one other spot this time and that was Bungalow on Superstock. Through the years I've been at many spots around the course at practice and race. For example Grandstand, St Ninian's, Ago's Leap, Glen Lough, Crosby, Ballacraine, Glen Helen, Ballaugh Bridge, Ballacrye Jump, Quarry Bends, Glen Auldyn Bridge, Schoolhouse, Parliament Square, Ramsey Hairpin, Tit Corner (just after the 25th), Gooseneck, Joey's, Guthrie's, Brandwell, Keppelgate, Kate's Cottage, Creg-ny-Baa, Hillberry, and Governor's. On my wishlist are Gorse Lea, Bottom of Barregarrow (if possible) and Ginger Hall.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2015, 11:12 AM by SILJA.)
20-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Website Find Reply
matjaq Offline

Threads: 1
A vintage year for sure. 

Silja - Barregarrow bottom is accessible and still awesome, even if it's no longer possible to sit on the pavement.
22-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

I watched from Tower Bends, Miln Town, McGuiness', Stella Maris (First time here), also had a look during practice sessions at May Hill (New clear area), School House and Parliament Square Smile Cracking TT. Smile

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
23-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Find Reply
Smudger's Lodger Offline

Threads: 2
End of Cronk y Voddy
Union Mills
Hillberry
Bedstead
Rhencullen
Braddan Bridge
Crosby Jump
Signpost

Missed the Senior and McG's epic win and lap record, but enjoyed the race sat at home listening to the radio commentary.

So many great memories this year; the Dunlop defection, Anstey's superbike win, Hutchy's return to winning, sidecar battles, the sound of the Norton and H2R. Still sorting through the 2,300 plus photo's!

Massive respect and thanks to all riders.

Thoughts are with those lost to us and battling injury.

Roll on TT 2016.
23-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
I'm not sure where the "glorious weather" was - aside from Senior Race Day I found myself on a cold Island, with a lot of wind, cold in the shade, and being burnt when the sun broke through - I felt very weathered!

Can't say I've ever not had a good TT, each has just had its memorable highlights.
This years highlight was knowing JM was still sharp as a nail, especially after having the pleasure of meeting him at the National museum event and having the conversation about his race fitness etc, then seeing him nailing it in the Senior. The low point was GM being fast enough but not organised (for whatever reason) enough to put up a run for the top step, and seeing MD at the end of the race week looking so dejected in the paddock - from favourite to winner of nothing.

Watching the Senior from the Gooseneck is a tradition, and always an extremelly pleasurable occasion.
23-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
(23-06-2015, 02:42 PM)wsn03 Wrote: I'm not sure where the "glorious weather" was - aside from Senior Race Day I found myself on a cold Island, with a lot of wind, cold in the shade, and being burnt when the sun broke through - I felt very weathered!

Can't say I've ever not had a good TT, each has just had its memorable highlights.
This years highlight was knowing JM was still sharp as a nail, especially after having the pleasure of meeting him at the National museum event and having the conversation about his race fitness etc, then seeing him nailing it in the Senior. The low point was GM being fast enough but not organised (for whatever reason) enough to put up a run for the top step, and seeing MD at the end of the race week looking so dejected in the paddock - from favourite to winner of nothing.

Watching the Senior from the Gooseneck is a tradition, and always an extremelly pleasurable occasion.

I thought the weather for race week was fairly good myself. Hope yer wind problem has settled down now you have gone home, probably put it down to a bad pint.
23-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
(23-06-2015, 03:13 PM)DBD 34 Wrote: I thought the weather for race week was fairly good myself. Hope yer wind problem has settled down now you have gone home, probably put it down to a bad pint.

I only had 3 pints, so I know it wasn't my own wind.
I'm spoiled living in a very sheltered climate, the Island weather is harder to bear these days - to the point that I question every year why I don't just sit at home listening on the internet. Then I see the first riders coming through, and the last riders being clapped home on their last lap, and I remember why I suffer it.
23-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Find Reply
Sinti Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Watched Thursday practice at Greeba castle and Appledene. Friday practice at Glen Helen 1, 2 and 3. Superbikes at bottom on barregarrow, sidecar 1 at bottom of barregarrow, supersport 1 at Appledene, Superstock at 11th milestone, zero tt and supersport 2 at mountain mile, sidecar 2 at a mixture of blackhut, veranda, Graham's memorial and the bungalow (wasn't particularly interested in the race so kept moving), Senior practice lap at hailwoods rise. Lightweight and senior at bottom of Barregarrow.

Stayed in a glorified garden shed near quarter bridge with an absolutely lovely family.

Had a breakfast fry at the sulby glen, lunch at the Crosby and shandys at the raven, ginger hall and creg na ba. Went karting at jurby, stock cars at onchan, parked at the bungalow and hiked up to the cafe and got the tram back down. Went to Monday and Wednesday prizegivings. Got ice cream and lay in the sun at peel castle. Watched the fireworks and felt throughly miserably getting on the boat home (especially as I'll miss next year if Northern Ireland qualify for Euro 2016 in France)
24-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Find Reply