Bad behaviour during TT?
heirpin Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
Bad behaviour during TT?
I've read in a few places now that there was some really bad behaviour during the fortnight, so I was just wondering what exactly it was, was it dangerous riding on the roads or drink/drugs related mischief in the towns at night?
21-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Find Reply
NSR500 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Bad behaviour during TT?
The idiots walking on a closed track didnt help, i believe they might even still be looking for a couple of them, there are posts on here about the person that has been jailed because of being abusive to marshals and walking on the track when roads were closed, thats will be the main behaviour i believe you might have heard about.
A proud member of the Orange Army
                 Party2
21-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
I didn't see any bad behaviour myself. just heard about the idiots on the course. Over the last couple of years there does seem to have been a few of these clowns coming. From what I can see they aren't the usual TT fans that have been coming for years. Just your usual brash 'look at me' types that are here for a few days on the beer so they can go back and brag to their also overpaid mates what they got up to. The TT has always been self-policing and if these loud mouthed fools had started giving it some on a night they might have had a shock in store. Unfortunately it does seem that they are the new target audience that the powers that be want at the TT so who's realy to blame.

On another note, I didn't see any pikeys this year. Was anything stolen from the pits? I know a collection box went missing froma church but that could have been anytime from 6th May.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2015, 02:39 PM by Timmy594.)
21-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Find Reply
Rc588 Offline

Threads: 2
To confirm

1 motorbike stolen, I could smell silly cigs at parliament square during the racing. The chap who got 8 months in jurby prison for no insurance and speeding. Though the behaviour on our camp site was a vast improvement over last year.

The biggest grip I had was people walking to the front of queues to get served at hot spots, and worse the staff served them and people taking up 4m of viewing space for 2 people, by deliberately spreading there belonging out.

Regards Rc588
21-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Find Reply
BRADDAN OAK Offline

Threads: 21
I marshalled at braddan oak tree, the only problem we had was two fell of chairs on to the track.
The main problem we had was people wearing BRIGHT RED COATS, BRIGHT GREEN COATS, AND BRIGHT YELLOW COATS, right in the line of sight of the riders, one or two riders that stopped with us passed comment on the wearing of these colours. We went to a lot of these people who didn't realise that it was a distraction to the riders, but all the people we asked were very apologetic and removed the garments.

21-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

(21-06-2015, 05:43 PM)Rc588 Wrote: The biggest grip I had was people walking to the front of queues to get served at hot spots, and worse the staff served them and people taking up 4m of viewing space for 2 people, by deliberately  spreading there belonging out.

Have to agree with you there mate. Especially the "spread-out brigade". Arrogant newcomers again. Soon put in their place in the field at Cronk Y Voddy.
21-06-2015, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
damoocow Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I went to the 2013 TT and was overall amazed by the good behaviour of everyone I saw or met. I found it a very friendly experience so reading the odd posts about worsening behaviour was interesting. Only real concerning things I saw over there was incredibly dangerous riding at times - not just over the mountain, and spectators drinking while watching the racing and then riding off after racing was finished. I love a beer or two but won't drink and ride - it may have just been an odd few doing it but it was noticeable.
21-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
(21-06-2015, 02:06 PM)NSR500 Wrote: The idiots walking on a closed track didnt help, i believe they might even still be looking for a couple of them, there are posts on here about the person that has been jailed because of being abusive to marshals and walking on the track when roads were closed, thats will be the main behaviour i believe you might have heard about.

Long gone are the days when it was alright for Norman Wisdom to run and walk from Alpine Cottage to Rhencullen on closed roads.
21-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Apart from the mad heads on closed roads and the fella with no insurance on his bike, the only thing we seen was a bunch of idiots at hillberry fooling around on the sauce, but come the afternoon they were "well oiled" hitting each other with sticks from a hedge then had a mild punch up. The worst thing about it they were sitting in people chairs when they got up, one lady with her elderly father looked very uneasy with the situation when one of the guys moved her bag and sat in her chair when she went to the tea van, I at first thought maybe they were with her. Saying all this most of the fans up and down the hedge rows are great and very interesting folk.
22-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Find Reply
cookie77 Offline

apparently the cancellation of the parade lap cost RST something like £200,000- not 100% sure how true that was but somebody must have been seriously out of pocket after flying over riders/accomodation kitting them all out in clothing and sorting bikes out etc.

all because some idiots couldn't handle their beer! Bring back the cat of 9 tails!
22-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
I could smell wacky backy on Sulby straight, not experienced that before......... by the same token sat listening to the marshal chatting to a pair of newbies, a very quiet, well mannered middle aged couple who were over after seeing closer to the Edge.
To imply the powers that be are trying to atttract trouble makers is outright wrong, ill informed and rude. Any event that is a success attracts its share of idiots like a magnet, visit Le Mans for extreme evidence of this.

Attracting people to an event will bring all sorts; no where in any literature have I ever seen anything that invites trouble makers to push the enthusiasts out of contention - that is just ridiculous talk.

As for spreading stuff out - fyi that has been going on for as long as I can remember, and is a favourite passtime of many hedge anoraks - they take that talent to the ferry as well.
22-06-2015, 11:27 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
The biggest thing we had when Marshaling was at our location(wont say where) but its quite fast and can be "scary" spectators just wouldn`t listen when we sayed keep up on the bank and don`t come down onto the pavement.Everytime you turned your back they were creaping onto the pavement some people just dont listen to Marshals and get very cheeky but 99% of people are brand new and willing to take the advice of the Marshals on board.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
22-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
As soon as you see a bike let go at high speed you know that the safest location is much further back than you think!! Hopefully, marshals and "real fans" can work together to help change the minds of the unwary.
22-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
Unlike previous years, I never saw any bad behaviour this year, just some odd stuff.
The only thing I did notice this year that someone else has posted was the amount off people drinking alcohol and then driving or riding there bikes.
I have mentioned previously that this year I stayed with some friends. They had a lot to say about the bad behaviour of some of the bikers this year to the point where they they were saying how feed up they are becoming of the TT.
I am not sure if it fits under the bad behaviour umbrella, ( and it was one of the things my friends complained about)but did anyone notice the crack down on bikes parking on pavements this year?
I dont know how that is different than as long as I can remember, but there was a lot of traffic wardens writing out tickets in Douglas.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
22-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
To be fair I think there has all ways been an element of bad behavior its just that some years there are more than others , and now a days it's up on public media web sites around the world in minutes , making it appear worse than it is , but I have to admit that the disrespect and arrogant attitude shown towards Islanders and the elderly and disabled that I have encountered over the last couple of years has had a large influence on me saying I will not be going any more , don't get me wrong its not the only reason there are other personal things involved , but it did make the decision easier to accept,

22-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

I saw a lot of bad manners on the road, wheelies, over-revved engines etc. and a group of bikes sat in the wrong lane blocking traffic trying to turn left leading to a few beeped horns and heated words by the drivers they were blocking. There was a lad getting dragged out of Bushy's by the security as well as I was going in but other than that nothing major, it was nice to see so many people taking there rubbish away with them and binning it though.

I think any event that attracts a crowd will attract it's share of idiots, show offs and thieves.
22-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

I forgot about the Manx Police Tweeting on there Tweetbeat account about the guy who pulled a wheelie past a Police car and got upset when they booked him because 'Its the TT'
That was probably a miss understanding on his part about the Manx Police being a bit more lenient than there UK counterparts. For as long as I can remember doing wheelies anywhere has always been a no, no..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
22-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 12
I think given the sheer physical square miles size of the event, large number of people, large amounts of beer and where they stay over the whole island it's well behaved - imagine a similar sized car/music/sports event in the UK, we see and hear more these days due to social media whereas before it would have been a small article in the local paper and unread by many if reported at all. The unofficial "activities" and crowd behaviour we used to see at Bushy's would probably be frowned upon now, not in any way condoning or making light of the actions of a small idiotic minority but they were dealt with very strongly and if that sentence is sent out every time one or two idiots act up then I don't see any great problem going forward. Going slightly off topic but along behaviour lines - was it me or was there more of a visible static speeding deterrent but less speed traps/guns ? ..
22-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
(22-06-2015, 04:23 PM)c iom tt Wrote: I forgot about the Manx Police Tweeting on there Tweetbeat account about the guy who pulled a wheelie past a Police car and got upset when they booked him because 'Its the TT'
That was probably a miss understanding on his part about the Manx Police being a bit more lenient than there UK counterparts. For as long as I can remember doing wheelies anywhere has always been a no, no..

You mustn't have been to the Highlander pub in the early/mid eighties then. Wheely competitions, burn outs, naked bikers etc, that is where it all started as far as I am concerned (pre-Bushy's), police would be there having a right laugh like the rest of us. Happy days.....
22-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Nope I was there as well!
How times have changed.Any person going past the Highlander now would think its is just another house on the course.
The Bushys thing only really started when the pub closed, and the tent went up on the bottleneck car park.
Reading throught this thread again, it is difficult to to explain the PERCIVED change in behaviour with SOME of the new fans.
Yes, there has always bad behaviour at the TT. including drinking and riding. I was also there the year that someone rode there bike into the lobby of Toffs nightclub, and done a burnout on the carpet, setting of the fire alarm causing a complete evacuation of the Palace Hotel at 1.00am in the morning.
What there never SEEMED to be was the loutish behaviour that you see now.
Time will tell, and I suspect the yardstick on how it will progress will be with the Manx Police and the Manx people.

23-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Find Reply