HICKY BACK ON TRACK AT SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HICKY BACK ON TRACK AT SNETTERTON
[Image: hickyatsnet2.jpg]

Peter Hickman and the RAF Reserves BMW team had a tough day at the office at Snetterton on Sunday with the Louth rider picking up 12th and 15th place finishes from the two British Superbike Championship races.

Morning warm-up more than showed what Peter was capable of as he posted the sixth fastest time to give them a great amount of optimism but it was always going to be a big ask coming from 21st on the grid. Nevertheless, the 28-year old put in a sterling ride and, up inside the top fifteen as early as the first lap, he battled hard to the end and was duly rewarded with 12th place.

He started the second 16-lap race from 15th but was pushed wide on the opening lap which dropped him back down the order to 19th. Battling hard throughout, he fought his way back up to 15th at the chequered flag to pick up another championship point.

Peter Hickman:

“It’s been a tough weekend and with qualifying not going to plan, it put us on the back foot for race day. In the first race, I got away well and had a good first lap so to finish 12th from 21st on the grid was pretty pleasing. I started higher up in the second race but got completely bullied on the first lap and pushed backwards and it was hard work from there on in. There wasn’t much I could do but managed to claw my way back up to 15th for a solitary point despite losing a bit of power. It’s not the weekend we wanted but we’ll move on to the next round and see how we go.”

Lee Hardy, Team Owner:

“It’s definitely been a tough day at the office and whilst you always want to do well at one of your local rounds, nothing’s really gone for us this weekend. We tried to put on something special for everyone and Peter’s ride in the first race, going from 21st to 12th, was certainly a very good effort. It was points on the board which is exactly what we needed but times are so close this season throughout the field that every race is hard. We got another point in race two but we’ll regroup for the next round and look to get back at the sharp end.”

The next round takes place in two week’s time at Knockhill, Scotland on July 3-5.

Courtesy of
Helen Pask
Press Officer
Peter Hickman Racing
Pic credit Dave Yeomans

23-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Website Find Reply