What would you like to see changed for next year?
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
The bit about newcomers and 1000cc bikes is interesting.

As I've admitted before, I'm not a rider, let alone a racer, and I know that the TT is different to other events, but on one of the other road racing forums I'm sure I remember Doc John Hinds (one of the medics who travel to incidents on bikes) saying that they had fewer incidents on bigger bikes than the smaller ones. I think it was because the smaller bikes required the rider to keep as much corner speed as possible and as corners tended to be where things went wrong there was more risk of accidents. I may have got the explanation wrong, but I'm sure that's what the analysis was. The MCUI medical team are constantly reviewing data and incidents - that's why they always follow the first lap and sweep after the last lap - that's when the data says the accidents happen.

I think there was a similar argument a few years ago about mixing 125s and 450s - I think it was William who said it wasn't safe because of the different approaches the two types took to cornering.

I'm not saying newcomers should only be on 1000cc bikes, but I do wonder if the analysis would be the same on the mountain circuit.
24-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Dougboy - 24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Raynetjr - 24-06-2015, 03:52 PM