What would you like to see changed for next year?
Woffy Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
1 - I would like to see a change in the radio commentary;
It's great if you like to hear them getting the names wrong (an example of this as seen above with the name Rafael Paschoalin, and as well constantly referring to Lee Johnston as 'Lee Johnson', and sometimes Gary Johnson as 'Gary Johnston'), sometimes referring to the complete wrong person (Ben Binns was called Patrick Farrance), and coming out with absolute whoppers like 'they need to take some of the tension out of that loose chain'. They also need to give the timings and positions more comprehensively, like they used to, as now it is sometimes pretty difficult to decipher who is where. Also, I think Roy Moore must have said 'distinctive fairing' at least 20 times in each race, which got pretty frustrating to listen to.

2 - It would also be great to see the barriers aligning the track moved forwards a little bit as well.
It used to be great watching from the really easy to reach places where the roads joined the track, because the barriers (or rope back then) were far forward enough so that you could actually see the bikes coming and going down the road. Now when you try and watch from most of these spots, you can see a wall, a marshal, a tiny stretch of road, and a wall on the other side. It makes watching from the spots that used to be good, and easy to reach, pretty boring. There are some places (such as on the approach to Ballig Bridge), where the barrier is so far back that all you can see is the top of a helmet going past. I understand the health and safety involved in this, but when you watch a race like the TT, you choose to watch at your own risk, and so if you don't like the idea of fast bikes going past then you probably shouldn't be watching! Tongue

3. And get rid of the Subaru laps, and any other car laps around the course - people go to the TT to watch the bikes, not the cars!

4. Bring back early morning practices.

Smile
24-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Dougboy - 24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Woffy - 24-06-2015, 10:02 PM