What would you like to see changed for next year?
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
While people are having a little moan about the commentators, my opinion is they do a top job, enjoy listening to all of them.
My minor erk however is the constant reference to "the fastest ever newcomer", or the "fastest ever rider" with huge jaw dropping emphasis, like its a one off event in history. It happens every year.
While they are no question legends with nads the size of beach test tickles and incredible skill, they're not the necessarily the fastest ever, they're lapping at the fastest ever time - its a foregone conclusion, course and bike improvements will keep the speeds increasing. It would be impossible to know who the fastest ever rider in any situation was for that reason. Was it Mike the Bike, Hizzy, Joey, DJ, Walter Handley, Bruce, JM, Mick Grant, John Williams? We will never know who the fastest ever rider was............ we just know who has set the fastest ever time.
There is almost a pecking order of respect based on speed alone, it just strikes me as a bit subjective.
LOL the auto correct on here!!
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2015, 12:12 PM by wsn03.)
25-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Dougboy - 24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by wsn03 - 25-06-2015, 12:09 PM