What would you like to see changed for next year?
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
(29-06-2015, 08:19 PM)c iom tt Wrote: I agree with the opinion that the big bikes are getting to fast, and that newcomers should be restricted to smaller bikes.
I would also like to be more harsh than 'wheelchairs and body bags' by naming newcommers that have suffered that fate. However, when I made a comment about Peter Hickman going to fast to quick, I was shot to peices on this forum, and it would be very insensitive to the familys if I did. Somebody needs to say or do something, and soon.
I would also counter that by saying I was wrong about some riders being recruted. I was against Danny Webb coming to the TT, as I felt that at the time, it was his only option to raise his profile, and thought he would be part of the 'to quick, to soon brigade'. However, he has aproached it in the correct way. The same for Adam Child. I thought he was rid
eing at the TT from a journalist point of veiw, and if anything happened to him, be would get the same hatchet job from MCN that we did after Gus Scott lost his life at Kirk Michael, but again, inspite of his get off this year, Adam has shown a love and respect for the Mountain Course, that has seen him improve year after year without trying to join the 126mph club first time out.
There seems to be more emphasise put on the lap speed being broken year after year latley, and the constant reference to 'the fastest newcomer' by the organisers in there press releases and the media on the Island

Just for the record, you do realize that there are only two people in your "126 Club" hardly a club!

Every now and again outstanding newcomers come along that just gel instantly with the course, others like to build up gradually, each to their own such is life.
29-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Dougboy - 24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by DBD 34 - 29-06-2015, 09:00 PM