What would you like to see changed for next year?
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
Lets fill this out a bit...

1)  I think we're all agreed on that.  Don't want to open that argument up all over again!

2)  If electric bikes are to stay on the programme then the organisers have to find a way of significantly increasing the entries.  But as I've said before (possibly more than once Icon_wink) there are hardly any being raced worldwide anymore.  I think the number of viable entries has to increase before anyone starts worrying about getting them to do 2 laps.

3)  After the 2007 incident I'm given to understand that the ACU took quite a heavy line with property holders around the course and put the fear of God into them.  I think it would be entirely appropriate to do a sympathetic review of the situation, ideally by someone who properly understands the dynamics of a race bike crash.

4)  The weakest line-up of presenters ever.  The thing that gets me is the almost wilful refusal to attempt to pronounce overseas riders names properly.  If you can't do that then you shouldn't be presenting anything.  I'm afraid I find them all very difficult to listen to.

5)  The Whitham/Plater/Parrish thing is good for them but is it for anyone else?  I have no particular problem with Craig Doyle - as a link man he does OK.  But the other three come across as a sort of poor man's Top Gear and it doesn't work IMHO

6)  The problem about racing in the wet is that on a 1000cc bike a wet tyre probably wouldn't last a lap.  The thing to do, in this era of commercial partners, is to get the tyre manufacturers to devise some rubber that will give sufficient grip in the wet AND last for at least two laps of the Mountain Course.  That would, of course, have genuine real-world benefits in day to day use once the tech filters down to road bikes.

and...

7)  For the love of God don't privatise it.  There are too many sharks in the international motor sport waters and the DED simply don't have what it takes to deal with them.  Remember that this is a department of a small community - if you like, a town council committee trying to act on the World stage.   Privatisation will kill the TT and certainly the MGP.

8)  The World Series.  Stop banging that drum Mr DED - not workable.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2015, 11:20 AM by Malcolm.)
19-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Dougboy - 24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by sticky - 19-09-2015, 10:14 AM