What would you like to see changed for next year?
Queenbee Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
1. Making it easier to get Ferry bookings - Steam packet website should show what is available not ask you to select one way and then telling you nothing available for the return! Have tried since last year to book a car onto the ferry for a 5 day trip and am not coming as could not get a crossing. Seems worse this year than the previous year's I have come over. I know they are a ferry down but this should have been sorted a couple of years in advance and time the Steam Packet got heir act together! They know people want to come over so get them there and back! Bring on another ferry as competition. Visitors down means all businesses on the island are affected and the Steam Packet are holding the stings on this!

Not looking forward to trying on Monday when 2017 is released and putting in the alternatives repeatedly!

2. Not putting the price up to ridiculous prices for ferry, accommodation and on the island for food etc. People are going to come and fill your places. If your regular charges cover your costs and profits this should be the same for TT week - not profiteering just because people are over and you can take advantage of them being sitting ducks! They will want the items and then have to pay for what you are offering, if it does not cost you more to buy in why does it to sell on?

(Have seen this happen from practice week to TT week, coffee cup size changed from large china mug to small polystyrene cup and price put up by a third! Did not use that cafe again on any of my following visits!)

3. Clearer availability and pricing notice on the HOMESTAY website. Hosts quote different prices when you contact them to what is advertised and this is misleading. The Homestay agreed and advertised price should be binding!
28-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Dougboy - 24-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year? - by Queenbee - 28-05-2016, 01:54 PM