TT Newcomers - their finish position in the MGP - hypothetical question
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: TT Newcomers - their finish position in the MGP - hypothetical question
(28-06-2015, 12:40 AM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: I agreed with that, until I thought, perhaps they could just limit newcomers to Junior/Supertwins classes at the TT.
From a 'business' point of view that could be prudent? A big name newcomer at the Manx wouldn't be that beneficial for 'TT people'.

Personally, yep, do the Manx first, that's the way!
Its a bit of a two edge sword.

I just read an interview with Alan Bonner on the independent.i.e. website.  A quote from it reads;

'The chat returned to the TT and Alan knows that it will be a challenge, and when I posed the obvious question - why he isn't doing the Manx Grand Prix first - his reply was swift: 'The TT is top of my list, and the reason that I didn't do the Manx first is simple, there would be too much pressure on me to win, and I want to go and enjoy myself there.'

Image the pressure someone like Steve Plater would have been under (at the Manx).  I'd also imagine it gets peoples backs up when full time professionals show up at the Manx.

Regards

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2015, 10:11 AM by Sam Pato.)
28-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TT Newcomers - their finish position in the MGP - hypothetical question - by Sam Pato - 28-06-2015, 10:09 AM