BUILDBASE BMW HOPING FOR CHANGE OF FORTUNES AT KNOCKHILL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BUILDBASE BMW HOPING FOR CHANGE OF FORTUNES AT KNOCKHILL
[Image: kiyopreknockhill.jpg]

The Buildbase BMW Motorrad team heads north of the border this weekend for the fifth round of the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Knockhill, where Ryuichi Kiyonari is hoping for a change in fortunes after a difficult start to the season.

After a somewhat challenging first four rounds, the three-times British Champion sits just 11th in the championship standings and is yet to finish on the podium in 2015.

The Japanese star is hoping to change that this weekend at the 1.271mile Scottish circuit, the venue where he kick-started his championship challenge just 12 months ago with a win and second place.

Lincolnshire teenager Lee Jackson is looking forward to returning to the Fife circuit where he finished second in last year’s Pirelli National Superstock 1000 battle. After taking his best ever qualifying last time out at Snetterton, the 19-year-old will be looking for two solid results to build on his early season progress.

Ryuichi Kiyonari:

“I have happy memories of Knockhill from last season where I took my first win since 2011. After that I won quite a few races and fought for the championship so hopefully we can do something similar this year. The first four rounds have been difficult, I always want to improve each time but it hasn’t happened yet. I want to win for the team, as my machine is very good.”

Lee Jackson:

“I was a bit disappointed with the result at Snetterton, I think we could have had two top ten finishes but the crash in race one ruined the rest of my weekend. Still, we had our best ever qualifying and I think I could have gone faster in that session too had it not rained so there is plenty for us to build on this weekend.”

Steve Hicken, Team Manager:

“Our championship started at Knockhill last season and I’m hoping we can do it again because it’s been a difficult one so far this year. Kiyo has shown he has the pace to run at the front but for whatever reason the results just haven’t come so far. The feeling ahead of Knockhill is positive, so we’ll see what we can do. The target for Lee will be to continue with his progress, his crash at Snetterton was unfortunate as I think he was on for a good result so hopefully he can pick up where he left off before that!”

[Image: buildbaselogo.jpg]
01-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Website Find Reply