Smith and Espargaro ready to fight to success at Sachsenring
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Smith and Espargaro ready to fight to success at Sachsenring
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team riders Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro head to this week's ninth round of the 2015 MotoGP World Championship fully charged and confident of clinching two notable finishes ahead of the summer break. The GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland will take place at the famous 3.7 kilometre Sachsenring circuit which hosted its first MotoGP race in 1998. The track is well known for it’s numerous tight corners, including the famous Omega turn and a main straight of only 700 metres, which makes the race a very physically demanding yet thrilling one for both, MotoGP riders as well as fans.

Bradley Smith will set his sights on another top six finish in this weekend’s 30 lap sprint aboard the Yamaha YZR-M1 as he intends to extend his lead in the satellite MotoGP bike standings. The British rider will also seek to maintain his consistent form this year, having finished no lower than eighth in the opening eight rounds. Meanwhile, Pol Espargaro looks to follow up his strong charge to fifth place at the Motul TT Assen with an impressive result in Germany. The 2013 Moto2 World Champion will aim to fight at the front of the battle for the leading satellite rider position as he hopes to close the first half of the season on a high note in front of the ever-passionate German fans.

Bradley Smith  -  Championship : 6th  Points : 77 
"It’s time to hit the Sachsenring again and I’m more determined than ever to score a top result aboard the Yamaha YZR-M1. Last year was a tricky weekend, but after the very encouraging opening half of the season that we have had, I am certain this year will be a positive experience. It’s a short track and one that is not as fast as some of the other rounds, plus there are a lot of tight corners which means that getting the Yamaha set up for these turns on Friday is integral to success on Sunday. It’s been a busy few weeks for Pol and I, as we tested in Japan for the Suzuka 8 hour race last week. However, the fatigue is no issue and I know that I have the ability to fight as close to the factory bikes as possible. I want to provide the German fans with a good show by giving them something to cheer about and I can’t wait to throw my leg over the M1 once again."

Pol Espargaro -  Championship : 8th Points : 56 
"The Sachsenring race is one that is always a bit of a different GP as it’s more about the handling of the bike instead of the straight line speed, yet I am excited about riding the Yamaha YZR-M1 this weekend as always. The opening half of the year did not go entirely as we hoped for but after the success that we had in the Netherlands, I am determined to follow that result up with another strong showing in Germany. In terms of the track itself, there is not much of a straight which means that we don’t get much of a break when we’re on the asphalt. However, I really enjoy some of the tight corners, plus the waterfall is an amazing experience on a MotoGP bike! Last year I finished 7th, but after twelve more months of experience, I know we can do better and as long as we get the bike set up well, I will be aiming for a top six."

Hervé Poncharal - Team manager : 
"The Sachsenring race will mark the end of the first half of the 2015 MotoGP season and we are as excited as always about visiting Germany for the ninth round. It was another good show by both Pol and Brad in the Netherlands and to finish 5th and 7th is very encouraging, especially considering how competitive the MotoGP field is. Both boys gave it their absolute all and were right in the hunt with the factory riders, so we hope for the same this weekend. It may take them a bit of time to adjust back to MotoGP after their test in Japan for the Suzuka 8 hour race, but we know they will still do a great job this weekend. To have Brad as the leading satellite bike in the championship standings at the mid point of the season is very strong and Pol clinched his second top five finish of the year with a determined effort in the Netherlands. Therefore, we can’t wait to get going and hear the fans shouting like they always do at the Sachsenring.”

07-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Website Find Reply