William Dunlop clinches double at Walderstown
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop clinches double at Walderstown
[Image: wdunlopwalderstown.jpg]

William Dunlop proved he is back on the mend following his high-speed crash at the Isle of Man TT back in June, after winning yesterday’s Grand Final at the Walderstown Road Races in County Westmeath, onboard his Tyco BMW S1000R Superstock machine.

It’s the third road racing Superbike victory in a week for Tyco BMW, following on from Guy Martin’s double at the Southern 100 in the Isle of Man, which included the Solo Championship title.

At Walderstown, Dunlop had taken third place earlier in day in the Open class, but wasn’t prepared to settle for second best in the blue riband Grand Final Superbike encounter, holding off early leader Derek McGee and fellow Irishman Derek Shiels to take the victory for Tyco BMW.

Dunlop said afterwards:

“I got caught up in the opening race and it cost me the chance to fight for the win, but after such a great week for Tyco BMW at the Southern 100, I didn’t want Guy to take all the plaudits, so I’m delighted to put the S1000RR on the top step. I’ve always enjoyed this meeting at Walderstown and as well as the win, it has given me more time on the S1000RR prior to the Armoy Road Races in a couple of weeks’ time, with the Ulster Grand Prix also just around the corner.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“It’s always nice to support the local races when we can and Walderstown is a particular favourite of William’s. We used the Superstock bike today just to give William some more racing miles after his TT accident, and it has to be said, he really is gelling well with the S1000RR, each and every time he rides it.

“It’s our third victory this week for BMW Motorrad, Tyco Security Products and all our sponsors, which is very pleasing indeed. Both our riders will have one more outing at Armoy in a fortnight’s time ahead of the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix in August.

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2015, 10:39 AM by Malcolm.)
13-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Website Find Reply