FABULOUS FOURTH PLACE FOR COSTELLO AT WALDERSTOWN RACE OF THE SOUTH
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FABULOUS FOURTH PLACE FOR COSTELLO AT WALDERSTOWN RACE OF THE SOUTH
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

Northamptonshire's motorcycle racer, Maria Costello MBE, riding her Kawasaki ER6 ‘pizzaracebike’ claimed fourth place in the Supertwins race at Walderstown.

A whole month since her last event, a successful Isle of Man TT, Maria was delighted to have found good form and claim her best ever Irish National Supertwin class finish, at this year's 'Race of the South'.

Qualifying in seventh place during the shortened Sunday morning session, gave Costello a second row start, but rain soaked the track before the start of the race. Maria opted to stay on dry tyres but some fitted intermediate or full wets. Maria’s tyre gamble paid off as the warm up laps revealed a drying track.

The flag was lifted and the race was underway. Maria was with the front-runners, and perfectly placed to move up when the red flag went out. Thankfully no riders were involved in any incidents and the riders re-assembled on the grid. The delay had allowed the track to dry even further and Costello got an even better launch in the re-started shortened six-lap race.

Maria settled into 5th position for the first two laps of the Seven Wonders Bar Supertwin road race. Lap 3 would see Maria pass Alan Kenny for fourth place – a position she would hold on to until the chequered flag fell at the end of lap 6.

[Image: mariawaldestown1.jpg]

[Image: mariawalderstown2.jpg]

Following the race, Costello reflected on her best Irish National Supertwin finish:

“It’s been an emotional weekend for me after the tragic death of Dr John Hinds. I didn’t know if I would be able to compete without the flying doctor by our sides. So this finish is dedicated to John and all the medical team who do such amazing work here at the road races. I have to thank Kev Corbally for doing, as always, a grand job preparing the bike at the meeting and supporting me throughout. Thanks to the organisers for giving me additional scrub laps which enabled me to fully bed the bike in. It was faultless during the race. So thank you to SB Tuning who completed the engine re-fresh in lightening time & VmTek Suspension who delivered my newly serviced suspension direct to the circuit.

Special thanks to Tony & Simon of SB Tuning, Kev, VMTek Suspension, Mike for his help and hospitality, Chucky, Tom, Ray, Kim, Andy, Discovery Travel, Christine and all my sponsors who made this event possible. Congratulations also to Jack Corry on his brilliant commentary.

Being part of the parade lap to honour Dr John was hugely moving and I have never felt more motivated to make his dying wish of an Air Ambulance a reality. I’ll also be making sure I give blood at the next opportunity and I urge everyone to do the same."

Click here to sign the Air Ambulance Petition.

“Special thanks go out to the MCUI Medical team, the organisers, all the marshals and volunteers who make these road races possible and the fabulous crowd who turned out to support the event.”

[Image: mariawalderstown3.jpg]

[Image: mariawalderstown4.jpg]

Costello now heads to Donington Park on Wednesday 15th July to host her next ‘women only’ trackday.

[Image: mariawalderstown5.jpg]

For further information about Maria’s women only trackdays at Donington Park, please visit http://nolimitstrackdays.com/events-list.html?eventtype=55

2015 Sponsors:The European Shoe Machinery Company Ltd, Hol-Taj, BMW Motorrad UK, Wollaston BMW, Rock Oil, Arai, NGK spark plugs, Wilbers/Vmtek Suspension, Jap4Performance, Radicool, EBC Brakes, Kawasaki UK Ltd, GBRacing, Hideout Leathers, Premier Bodyworks, Knox, HEL, iDP Moto Ltd, Racebikebitz/Samco hoses, Daytona boots, Pipercross, APC Wet Paint Ltd, CPL Print, Christian Baker, Trilogy Gyms, CrossFit East Northants, DnG, Sparkes Management Support, Bespoke Injury Management, Progrips, Promach, Skidmarx, The Joseph’s Experience, http://www.tonicwebworks.com, CHI Fire Solutions Ltd, Stomp Grip & SKINS.
15-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Website Find Reply