TT World Series – Ownership of feasibility study; payments to Sports Consultancy Ltd
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT World Series – Ownership of feasibility study; payments to Sports Consultancy Ltd
HANSARD - Extract from 30th June House of Keys Sitting
TT World Series – Ownership of feasibility study; payments to Sports Consultancy Limited

The Hon. Member for Douglas South (Mrs Beecroft) to ask the Minister for Economic Development:

Pursuant to Oral Question 4 on 28th April 2015:

(a) Whether the Department owns the original feasibility study and if this will be made public;
(b) how much has been paid to Sports Consultancy Limited and over what period; and
(b) what progress is being made with regard to the discussion with FIM?

The Minister for Economic Development (Mr Skelly):

I can confirm that the Department does own the original feasibility study. However, after careful consideration I have concluded that it should not be released for the reasons I stated to this Hon. House on 28th October last year.

The study includes sensitive information which it is considered inappropriate to release during the ongoing procurement process.

Turning to the second part of the Question, since January 2012 the total expenditure committed to progress of the TT Series with the Sports Consultancy Limited stands at £220,113.11. 

This has not changed since I reported in this Hon. House on 28th March this year. However a further payment of £9,000 is due to be paid.

Finally, it is expected that the FIM will continue with its current position in respect of road races in that the TT and Classic TT are not sanctioned by them directly. Rather, these events are sanctioned by the FIM affiliated National Federation of the territory.

In the case of the TT and Classic TT this is the Auto Cycle Union.

This is also the position for other road races including the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix, both of which are sanctioned by the Motor Cycle Union of Ireland.

Consequently, although we anticipate that the TT Series events will appear on the FIM calendar and we continue to be mindful of their rules, the events will be sanctioned by the National Federation of the relevant territory.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2015, 04:07 PM by Malcolm.)
15-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: TT World Series – Ownership of feasibility study; payments to Sports Consultancy Ltd
Skillfull avoiding the issue that the FIM own the rights for any motorbike racing to be called a World series, and without there permmision, no can use that title.
Which should have been the first thing to sort out before they gave ANY money out for a feasibility study.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
15-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: TT World Series – Ownership of feasibility study; payments to Sports Consultancy Ltd
There are a couple of potential problems that I foresee, while they may not be legally bound to comply with the FIM's rules, if they decide to go against their wishes and upset them, they run the risk of for example the British Grand Prix being placed slap bang into the middle weekend of the TT.

There could also be another possible problem with 'series' riders facing suspension by the FIM for competing in an unsanctioned event.

They need to think very carefully about this.
15-07-2015, 06:51 PM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
£220,000 and counting!   I should have been a "consultant",  anything would apparently do, money for old rope. 
17-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Find Reply