Arthur Lofthouse
Anonymous
Unregistered

Arthur Lofthouse
It is with great sadness I hear tonight that Arthur Lofthouse, father of John and Mick, was killed on his road bike yesterday in North Yorkshire.
Arthur was a terrific character, who belied his years on all the latest super sports bikes that Japan had to offer. Behind the warm smile was hidden a charismatic figure who could liven up any social occasion with fantastic tales of endeavour.
He was probably chased by the same bobby around Accrington for poaching and for speeding more times than he ate Lancashire Hot Pot, and he certainly knew how to "hide" his identity on a motorcycle!! What a bloke. What a loss.
He never really got over losing Mick at the 1996 TT, but he put his heart and soul into rebuilding his life .Arthur was one of the first to contact me after we lost David at the TT, and I valued his chosen words at the time.
Irene and I, Charlotte and Rebecca, send John our sincere condolences, his loss will be felt by all those who knew him. Accrington Police Station can relax a little tonight.
15-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Arthur Lofthouse
We were just talking about Mick Lofthouse earlier tonight, then I log on and read this very sad news. Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
15-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never knew Mick's Dad, but he must have been a lovely man. Still miss Mick
17-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's quite a lengthy report about this in the Manx Independent today. It seems that Arthur had arranged to sell his bike (a GSXR1000) and was out for his last ride on it last Sunday when he tragically crashed at high speed. Life is sometimes very cruel indeed.
18-09-2003, 09:49 PM