BENNETTS SUZUKI POSITIVE FOR BRANDS BSB RACE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BENNETTS SUZUKI POSITIVE FOR BRANDS BSB RACE
[Image: bennettsuzukilogo.jpg]

Bennetts Suzuki's Christian Iddon qualified in 13th place for tomorrow's sixth round of the MCE British Superbike championship at Brands Hatch, and while disappointed with a fifth row grid spot, he and the team are still feeling confident for the races after the competitiveness of his lap-times.

After progressing from Q1, Iddon just missed-out on the top-10 and progression to Q3 by less than a tenth of a second. Such were the closeness of the times in the Datatag qualifying sessions that Iddon was still only half-a-second off the front row.

While not where he wants to be on the grid, he and the team are confident of a strong performance in the races tomorrow.

Christian Iddon:

"It's just so close out there. We've made improvements over the weekend and have some more bits to try in warm up, but I think we have a good package to go into the races with. We'll keep working at it but there really is nothing in it. We were less than a tenth-off Q3 and it could so easily go the other way. We'll try and get a good start in the race and have a go and see if we can get a lap-time in for race two."

Further highlighting the competitiveness of this year's championship, Josh Waters struggled to a 25th placed classification in qualifying, despite lapping the Brands Hatch GP circuit nearly half a second faster than his best times from last season on the GSX-R1000.

Josh Waters:

"We've made lots of changes to the bike over the weekend to try and find the missing piece of the set-up puzzle, but it's made so much harder by how competitive the lap times are around here and you don't get many laps in qualifying to get a time in. If you don't get the times in early then sadly you miss out on Q2 as we did today. We have some other ideas to try for warm up and I'll try my hardest in the races."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"We're disappointed with the grid positions but it's crazy how close it is out there. We've moved in the right direction with Christian's bike and we have a good base-setting, but the team is constantly working on set-up because if you lose a tenth of a second this weekend it drops you way down the order. We were close to making Q3 and the Yoshimura-powered GSX-R1000 is better than where we are on the grid, but if we get a good start in the races I'm sure we can have a go and get ourselves well inside the top 10 and nearer the front."

Qualifying Result:

1. Shane Byrne 2. Josh Brookes 3. Michael Laverty, 4. Richard Cooper 5. Stuart Easton.13. Christian Iddon (Bennetts Suzuki). 25. Josh Waters (Bennetts Suzuki). 

[Image: iddonatbrands.jpg]
Christian Iddon
19-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply