Davies scores his first ever pole with the Aruba.it Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Davies scores his first ever pole with the Aruba.it Racing
[Image: arubaracinglogo.jpg]

Ducati Superbike Team at Laguna Seca; Giugliano, second, completes the team's success

The Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Superbike Team and riders Chaz Davies and Davide Giugliano qualify in first and second position for tomorrow’s races at the Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway. It is the first time that the Italian squad scores this prestigious ‘double’ and it is a particularly significant result for Davies who achieves the first pole position of his Superbike career.
Having closed day one of action in first and third place respectively, Davies and Giugliano were back out this morning for the final timed session. Both made further progress in this morning’s slightly cooler conditions, with Chaz recording a best of 1’23.195 and Davide less than two tenths behind him, stopping the clock at 1’23.353. This meant that the Aruba Ducati pair qualified in second (Chaz) and third (Davide) position for Superpole 2 later in the day.

Superpole 2: after a first exit on race rubber, Davies and Giugliano were straight back on track with the qualifying tyre. For Chaz, one single lap was enough for him to score his first ever Superbike pole position. Putting together an almost perfect lap, the Welshman set an impressive 1’22.101 that guarantees his place at the front of the grid for tomorrow’s races. Davide was making a very fast first lap but a hairy moment through the Corkscrew caused him to lose precious time. Despite this setback, the Italian was able to record a clean second lap, in 1’22.297, to obtain second place. After the great work it has completed up until now, the Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Superbike Team is confident ahead of tomorrow’s races.

Quotes after the day’s sessions:

Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Superbike Team #7) – 1st (1’22.101)

“Superpole has never really been my specialty but today we did everything right. I honestly didn’t think I’d done enough as I made one small mistake, so to be here on pole is a fantastic result, especially at Laguna, a really special track. We’ve been working extremely well this weekend and I believe we’re in a position to really fight tomorrow. This morning we made good progress and then took another step forward in Superpole. I feel well prepared for the scrap we’re bound to see tomorrow, and I’m very much looking forward to racing.”

Davide Giugliano (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati Superbike Team #34) – 2nd (1’22.297)

“Superpole was a bit of a crazy one. There was an ‘episode’ through the Corkscrew during my first lap that prevented me from setting a fast time and so I had to make a really solid second lap which is never easy to do. I was able to do it though, and this is important; for us to be first and second on tomorrow’s grid is a very satisfying result for the team, for Ducati and for the sponsors. As far as race pace is concerned, I think that we’ve improved today and even if we’re not yet quite 100% sorted, I’m feeling really confident ahead of tomorrow.”

Weekend schedule (CET -9): 

Sunday

9.15 – 9.30 – SBK Warm-up
11.30 – SBK Race 1
14.30 – SBK Race 2

[Image: ducatilaguna.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2015, 12:27 PM by Malcolm.)
19-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Website Find Reply