Magic Manx
Anonymous
Unregistered

Magic Manx
I have just returned from one of the most rewarding visits I have had at the Manx GP. It is over 20 years since I raced there and was amazed at the changes around the circuit with the new housing developments at signpost and improvements to the road surface and opening up of corners around the course. The purpose of my visit was to help newcomer Eleanor Forrest with the preparation of her 125 and offer any guidance that was possible after such an absence. Eleanor completed 22 laps in race and practice without any problem with the bike. What impressed me most was the work that she put in prior to the event, what with attending the Davy Wood" learn the course bus tour" earlier in the year and the hours that she spent watching on board videos of the circuit. As practice week progressed so did Eleanors times. Her race results were even more credit to her as both her races were stacked with 400, in fact Eleanor was the only 125 in her newcomers class and was the 3rd 125 home in the lightweight race on friday.Well Done.COME ON WORLD LETS KEEP TWO STROKE RACING ALIVE. It was good to meet up with Chris Palmer my old sparring partner from the 80s, Norrie Lamont at scrutineering and the many people that I had not seen for so long. The Gary Dynes Foundation Team and all those that helped Eleanor over the two weeks. Thanks to Gus Smith who did a sterling job at the pit stop, and all the organisers and marshalls who give up so much of their own time to put on such a good event
16-09-2003, 09:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Magic Manx
Glad you enjoyed it .The weather was certainly kind to us all.Eleanor did very well and she certainly is enthusiastic about real road racing.Sorry about the mix up with Gail's shocker.You must have given it to some other grey haired "old" geezer and thought it was John!!!
16-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to see you posting here Stewart ! Have not had the pleasure of meeting Eleanor but she could not have had a better person to "keep her right" at the Manx. Hope you enjoyed your weekend at East Fortune also ?
cheers,
Stella
16-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know, Eleanor is one of those riders who just goes about her business quietly with no fuss, and she certainly deserves more credit. Hopefully that will come.

Regards Harvey T.

16-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wee said Harvey....Maria take note
17-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

can i use this as an opportunity to plug the cookstown site (again) with a link to an article elle wrote for it?

<A HREF="http://www.cookstown100.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=34">http://www.cookstown100.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=34</A>
20-04-2004, 12:03 AM