ELLISON AND WESTMORELAND AIM FOR SUCCESS AT JG SPEEDFIT THRUXTON ROUND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ELLISON AND WESTMORELAND AIM FOR SUCCESS AT JG SPEEDFIT THRUXTON ROUND
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

Following their return to the podium at Brands Hatch, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team head to the fastest circuit on the MCE British Superbike calendar ready to challenge for victory. Ensuring plenty of support trackside, the Thruxton round also sees JG Speedfit sponsor the entire event.

Despite still suffering with broken ribs, the legacy of a qualifying crash at Snetterton, James Ellison made a jubilant return to the podium last time out and heads to Thruxton eager to challenge for his fourth win of the season. After a tough start to the year, team-mate James ‘Westy’ Westmoreland has taken big strides forward over the previous two rounds and is now ready to challenge for top five finishes.

Since Brands Hatch, the team have been working on the official Kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja machines of Ellison and Westy and will be bringing further updates for both riders this weekend. This weekend actually marks the first time back to Thruxton for the two of them since 2014, having both missed last year through injury. This means Friday will see both riders reacclimatizing themselves to the circuit, as well as trying a raft of chassis updates and engine set ups which the team are confident will see both riders able to challenge at the front for qualifying and both races.

The JG Speedfit Thruxton round is not only one of the fastest on the MCE British Superbike Championship calendar, but also one of the most challenging. Formally an RAF airfield, the 2.356 mile circuit is incredibly abrasive on tyres which makes tyre management crucial for the latter parts of the races. The circuit is a mix of long, fast straights and quick flowing corners, as well as the tight, demanding final Club chicane – a popular viewing point for last lap overtakes.

Speaking ahead of the JG Speedfit sponsored round, UK Director of Sales at JG Speedfit Mike Riseley said,

“If the opening half of the season is anything to go by, then this weekend is set to be an incredible display of racing. The Thruxton circuit is one of the closest to our main offices and we’re excited that we can increase our presence in the series. Visitors over the weekend will be able to see our special replica ZX-10R outside our hospitality unit in the paddock, which they could win if they enter our season long Layflat Pipe competition – details of which are on our website.

Working with the GBmoto team this season yielded immediate results and after the injury and some difficult races, It was fantastic too see James Ellison get back on the podium last time out, as well as see Westy continue his return to form. Even though Snetterton and Knockhill proved tough weekends, we saw firsthand how hard the team worked to get back to the front and with some updates ahead of Thruxton I’m looking forward to seeing if we can take another win!”

Having moved back up to third in the series, James Ellison is on the hunt for more podium credits this weekend

“I love Thruxton! I’ve always had some really good results there so I was gutted to miss it last season after the accident but I still remember every bump and turn so it’ll only take a few laps Friday morning to see if anything’s changed. We’ve got lots of things to try on Friday, with both me and James trying different things and experimenting with some bits which we’ll then report back on in the evening, ready for Saturday.

I’ve taken a big step forward this past week or so with the injury too, there wasn’t much difference between the crash and Brands Hatch if I’m honest and I couldn’t do my usual training, however this past week I’m almost back to normal. It’s still sore and gives me some pain but it’s much better than it was at Brands so I don’t expect it will give us much hassle this weekend, so we can focus on getting back on that top step and give JG Speedfit something to cheer about at their main event!”

Improving with every outing on the bike, James Westmoreland is ready to take the next step at Thruxton,

“Having missed Thruxton last year with injury too, I’m really looking forward to going back. It’s such a unique track and is unlike anything else we visit, particularly in terms of tyres as it’s so abrasive you really have to manage them throughout the race. Traditionally it has always been a strong track of mine and I’ve had some good results so I’m excited to see how we’ll fare this weekend.

We’ve been making some big steps forward over the last few rounds and I’m feeling comfortable on the bike. I said Knockhill was like the start of the season for me and with the team bringing some updates for this weekend, I’m really confident that we can push towards the front. It’s also the JG Speedfit round, so I’ll pushing to give them some strong results!”

JG Speedfit Kawasaki Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen added,

“We’ve been competitive everywhere we have been in the opening half of the season, which has also been a real mix of highs and lows. As we enter the second half, the guys back at our workshop have been working to bring both James and Westy an improved package for this weekend which I’m confident will see them able to push at the front. We’re currently third in the series and although the points to the front two might seem a big gap, on the all-important podium credits we’re only 19 behind so our goal ahead of the Showdown is to score as many of them as we can! 

It’s been a pleasure to welcome JG Speedfit on board as title sponsors for this season. We’ve enjoyed a really strong partnership already, taking five podiums – including three wins and I know the entire team are looking to repeat that success this weekend at the JG Speedfit Thruxton round.”

MCE British Superbike Calendar 2015

31 July - 1/2 August       Thruxton (Hampshire)
21/22/23 August            Cadwell Park (Lincolnshire)
4/5/6 September            Oulton Park International (Cheshire)
18/19/20 September      TT Circuit Assen (The Netherlands)
2/3/4 October                Silverstone GP (Northamptonshire)
16/17/18 October           Brands Hatch GP (Kent)

28-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Website Find Reply