Aprilia UK return to British Championship with Superstock programme for Joe Burns
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Aprilia UK return to British Championship with Superstock programme for Joe Burns
[Image: joeburnsaprilia1.jpg]

The new Aprilia RSV4 RF will be raced for the first time at British Championship level this weekend as Joe Burns lines up for the fastest round of the season at Thruxton in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship.

The Hampshire circuit will reverberate to the distinctive sound of the Italian V4 engine, when Burns debuts his Aprilia UK/IN Competition entered Aprilia RSV4 RF after positive initial tests this week, including today (Tuesday) at Oulton Park.

The RSV4 RF is already proving to be a force to be reckoned with in the 2015 FIM Superstock 1000 Cup with Italian rider Lorenzo Salvadori dominating the championship, claiming four wins and a further two second places from the six rounds, holding a 34 point lead with two races remaining.

Burns said:

"This was definitely an opportunity that I couldn't turn down and one that I am really excited about. It feels pretty special to race the Aprilia for the first time at this level and to have a great team around me too. I have had some initial time on the bike and I have to say that it is really impressive already and I think as we continue to lean the bike, we will only get stronger. We are looking forward to this weekend at Thruxton and having a strong campaign in the second half of the season."

Piaggio Group UK Marketing Manager, Nick Broomhall commented:

"The 2015 Aprilia RSV4 RF is already a winner in showrooms and with the motorcycling press. It has shown its racing prowess too as the most successful bike in the 2015 World Superstock Championship, so we are really excited to see what it can do on the UK's biggest stage. We're sure that British race fans will love the sight and sound of this fantastic bike"

MCE BSB Series Director, Stuart Higgs said:

"We are delighted to welcome the Piaggio Group back to the British Championship arena with this Aprilia UK Superstock programme for Joe Burns, which adds further official manufacturer support and competitive interest in the class."  

The 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship returns to Thruxton for the fastest round of the year, the JG Speedfit round on 31 July, 1/2 August.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
29-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply