Hopkins ready to “give them a race” at Thruxton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hopkins ready to “give them a race” at Thruxton
[Image: hopperthruxtonquali.jpg]

John Hopkins claimed his first front row start of the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati team's home round of Thruxton.

The Californian came to within 0.212s of Josh Brookes' pole position lap and now the American is now chasing Ducati's first podium finish in the championship since 2011.

Hopkins said:

"I was pushing as hard as I could after Q2 I knew we could get that lap time in and I was feeling pretty confident but well done to Josh (Brookes) he certainly got the upper hand on me in that, the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati is working awesome, it couldn't be working better, it is one of the best bikes I have ever ridden and I am really enjoying myself on it and having a lot of fun on a motorcycle again. I lost that for a couple of years so it is good to get that back.

"It is the most consistent bike I have ever had on the throttle, I am able to slide it and it brings back my dirt tracking days and I am loving it, having a good time out there. I just want to get a good start tomorrow, I know that Josh is going to be strong out there; he put on some good strong laps this morning on race pace but let's just see if we can't get away with them and give them a race."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
Pic by Double Red
01-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Website Find Reply