SEELEY VICTORY CHERRY ON TOP AS BSB DUO NOW IN TOP SIX
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SEELEY VICTORY CHERRY ON TOP AS BSB DUO NOW IN TOP SIX
[Image: seeleywinatthruxton.jpg]

A masterful display of character and ability saw Alastair Seeley take his third win of the season for Tyco BMW earlier today in the Pirelli National Superstock 1000cc class. The former champion is now just 17 points behind current series leader Josh Elliott after back-to-back wins.

In the British Superbike class, Thruxton provided it’s usual brand of excitement and drama, and despite being taken out in race one, which included a trip to the medical centre, ‘tough man’ Tommy Bridewell picked himself up to finish fourth in race two.

With Michael Laverty taking ninth in race one and a battling sixth in race two, both Tyco BMW Motorrad riders are now inside the all-important top six, with just two rounds and five races remaining before the Showdown cut off.

Alastair Seeley:

“I knew when I dropped to seventh not to panic, as from experience I know it’s all about managing your tyres here at Thruxton, I picked them off one by one and the only problem I had really was getting past the other BMWs. I knew where I was stronger than Elliott and actually had to feather the front brake slightly on the last lap, as I got too close to him too soon. We made the pass into the final chicane to take the win and have closed the gap in the championship again. Thanks to the team for all the hard work.”

Tommy Bridewell:

“It is disappointment having a DNF again in race one, but what could I do today, it wasn’t my fault. But all credit to the team, the front end feel I’m now getting has transformed the whole bike for me; not to mention having to get my Tyco BMW ready for race two after the crash. I’m just glad I was able to get out for race two, after being potentially deemed unfit to ride, so fourth place isn’t bad considering. I’m now looking forward to Cadwell Park. That result today has got me back into the top six after dropping out of it in race one, so not a bad weekend for us.”

Michael Laverty:

“It was a tough weekend, which I anticipated, but I tried to be as positive as possible. The Thruxton circuit is so unique and with not being quite there with the set-up on the S1000RR yet, meant I just had to keep chipping away. I knew in the races we would be better than qualifying, but two top tens is satisfying enough and we’ve moved up two places in the championship at a track which is going to be my worst this season.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“Thruxton always presents a big challenge in terms of set up with its unique wide open bumpy corners. We may not have found the perfect set up on our S1000RR machines today, however everyone dug deep and we are very satisfied with the effort from each of our riders.

“Alastair once again showed his experience in putting together a perfect race plan: he used the power of the Tyco BMW S1000RR perfectly and his race craft was impeccable. Tommy really impressed today also with his determination: it honestly was touch and go if he would ride in race two after being knocked off earlier in the day, as he took a heavy bang to the head. His result in race two may prove very significant towards the end of this championship.

“Michael never really found his comfort zone this weekend but once again he dug deep in race two and delivered a strong result, which was vital in the points’ battle. Well done to everyone involved and thanks once again to BMW, Tyco Security Products and all our partners, many of whom turned up this weekend and enjoyed the sunshine.”

British Superbike Championship Points

Josh Brookes 266 points; Shane Byrne 254; James Ellison 147; Stuart Easton 139; Michael Laverty 115; Tommy Bridewell 112

National Superstock Championship Points

Josh Elliott 155 points; Alastair Seeley 138; Hudson Kennaugh 109

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
03-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply