Fresh from back-to-back victories, the Repsol HondaTeam head to Czech Republic
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Fresh from back-to-back victories, the Repsol HondaTeam head to Czech Republic
[Image: repsolhondahdr.jpg]

With no time to rest, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa are en route to Brno for the next race, round eleven of 2015 World Championship. A popular circuit with both the riders and fans, Brno is built in a natural bowl which has many elevation changes as the circuit navigates itself through the beautiful wooded scenery offering the spectators spectacular places to view.

Both riders have enjoyed good results here in the past with Dani winning here last year and also in 2012 when he had a memorable battle with Jorge Lorenzo, claiming his first win at the Czech circuit in the MotoGP class. He’s also won here in 250cc (2005) and in 125cc (2003). Marc has celebrated victories here in 2013 (MotoGP) and also in 2012 (Moto2).

Marc arrives in Brno 3rd in the Championship Standings on 139 points, 56 points behind Valentino, and Dani in 7th place on 80 points.

Marc Marquez - Championship Standing: 3rd - 139 points

"It was a tough race in Indianapolis, very demanding, but I’m really happy to have taken two consecutive wins! We were able to enjoy the victory on Sunday night and now we are already on our way to Brno for the next race. This isn’t one of my favourite tracks and I’ve had mixed results here in the past but we arrive there with good momentum and we will work hard to be ready for a battle!"

Dani Pedrosa - Championship Standing: 7th - 80 points

"Although the result was not what we wanted, I learned some things in Indy and enjoyed the battle with Valentino. I felt more comfortable on the bike and now we head to Brno where I won in 2014. This is a track I really like and always have a good feeling there. The atmosphere is special and I hope we can repeat our performance from last year. Let’s hope the weather is good for us and we can work 100% from FP1."

Location Information

The world’s most famous riders have taken part in GP events in Brno since 1930, where up until 1982 they would race through the villages and western parts of the city on a road track named after the first Czechoslovak President – T.G. Masaryk. A new circuit was built during the 1980s with the aim of attracting Formula 1 to Czechoslovakia, and in 1987 it played host to the FIM Czech Grand Prix. Popular with both fans and riders, the new circuit is built in a natural bowl which is banked in places to offer spectators an excellent view. Brno constantly changes in elevation as it sweeps across forested hillsides and its fast undulating corners test rider talent and engineering to the limit.

Length - 5.403 kilometres / 3.357 miles
Width -  metres
Left corners - 6
Right corners - 8
Longest straight - 636 kilometres / 0.395 miles
Constructed - 87
Modified - 1996
11-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Website Find Reply